Esteemed Contributor

My Whirlpool Refrigerator's freezer broke down - after 24 years - so I purchased another Whirlpool Refrigerator from Lowes. Model WRT311FZDW, 20.5 cubic. It's white and very basic --same as my previous refrigerator --- but the interior is more updated and seems a lot larger. It's also very QUIET. 

The salesman told me that they make refrigerators much cheaper now - so it should last around 8 years. 

I have the 1 yr warranty from Lowes - and I purchased the 5-yr extended warranty for $130. Delivery was FREE - and I got it the following day.

If someone is looking for a basic refrigerator -- check this one out.

I LOVE Lowes!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bought a New Refrigerator

Whirlpool is my go-brand also, and I prefer plain white with no frills.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Only 8 years????  My father is a refrigerator fiend...3 of them!!!  One from the 50's still working.  Another over 30 years old, still working.  Third is going on 21 years old...still working.

Wow!  Not looking forward to buying a new one!

Respected Contributor

Yes these appliances don't last long, after 10yrs I just keep hoping I can get a few more years left. I wouldn't repair an appliance after 10yrs it's sad. Love Whirlpool & Lowes too. I have a Lowes charge get 5% off. Appliances aren't cheap either. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah  Explain your reasoning for buying a 5-year warranty when the refrigerator will only last about 10 years, according to the salesman. I don't get it. It is basically a "throw away appliance." Why waste your money on a warranty? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

We NEVER buy extended warranties! The manufacturer itself gives an ample warranty. Its a scam.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Our 10+ years old washer & dryer are still under warranty with Sears.  They come out to preventive maintence. 

This year the washer was completely rebuit. With all the complaints of the new washers, I'm so glad they could fix ours.

(our fridge is still under warranty too.  We mus have gotten the ice maker replaced 5 times)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My whole kitchen is Whirlpool. It is also my go to appliance. Good choice getting the extra warranty. Also with your new fridge it should save on electricity costs. Enjoy your new fridge.  Your right Lowe’s is awesome! 

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah , I bought Whirlpooltoo, along with the extended warranty.  After copious research by the way!  LM

Respected Contributor

good luck with your new frig. i totally agree with you buying the extended warranty. just 1 repair with cost way for that what you paid for the warranty. we bought a whirlpool frig and we allso bought the warrenty and right after the manufactureers warrenty expired we had to have frig repaired.