Honored Contributor

Re: Bold Gold in the Living Room...

I'm always susceptible to a cozy, English look.  Would make a few minor changes, but the 'bones' are so good...

Respected Contributor

nothing seems comfortable/inviting.

Trusted Contributor

Exception to my own rule - not sure why, but I like this room .. kind of.  Furniture, accents, colors all blend well.  Not a fan of a few patterns, but I wouldn't mind visiting there.  

Esteemed Contributor

The room itself is wonderful. Take out the mess of furniture, rugs, objects, etc. and start again. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Remove some of the clutter (too crowded) and the blue touches and the room will work...

Respected Contributor

Awful. 

Mismatched, clashing prints. No cohesive color palette. Random furniture choices.

This might be the worst room ever posted here.

Esteemed Contributor

The gold is too bold for me and I'm just not a fan of the rest of the room.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Its a jumbled mess......of colors, patterns, and odd decor accents that don't seem to go together....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a good bit I'd change in this room (would prefer different window coverings, love the fireplace bench but not in front of the fireplace, not sure about some of the adornments on the walls, don't like ottomans used as coffee tables, and that sofa, from what I can see, is a disconnect...) but overall I like the room's vibe... And yes, it's true, I like the gold French style chairs...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Heavens NO!  Too many colors and patterns that do not mix.  The rug designs with some of the furniture -  yuk!  And, that large vase on the wall sconce looks odd.

kindness is strength