Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i would probably like this a lot more if it was done in warm colors, like the other rooms.  the blue is not a favorite of mine and feels too cold.  

@fancy pantsy  I understand your point of view. Believe it or not, I'm also not a huge fan of blue used for interiors, other than with accessories, for the most part. That said, I do find blue to be a beautiful range of colors and often appreciate its use. I'd probably not opt to replicate a room like this, preferring other color choices, but do like it. All that said, I also like to 'sleep cold' so if I were ever to opt for a primarily blue space, it probably would be a bedroom. Go figure...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

WOW! What a room, I'd never leave it, I didn't see a TV though.LOL

Honored Contributor

Now that is actually a very pretty, comfortable looking bedroom.  The color blue used is soothing and I love the beams in the ceiling.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Pretty room, but I am not a fan of blue in home decorating. A nice sitting area to read or relax is nice, but why do you need 2 sofas & 2 chairs in a bedroom? I would never have that many people sitting in my bedroom. 

Honored Contributor

It's quite lovely.  I like what this designer does.  

The room itself would be a good beginning for a studio apartment.  

The only thing I never agree with designers about is using books just as decor.  By that I mean I would not recommend covering books with the color of one's room, or arranging them by color, or manipulating books in any similar ways.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

The only thing I never agree with designers about is using books just as decor.  By that I mean I would not recommend covering books with the color of one's room, or arranging them by color, or manipulating books in any similar ways.  

@GingerPeach  Agree on the books... My books are for reading or browsing through and I'm not covering them with pretty covers to make them more decorative. I like to look at the binding and know what book I'm looking at. There is a limit as to how far I'm willing to go for 'decor' and that goes past my limit... I also have to say, when I see decorators do it, I subtract a point form their overall score... I think it's pretentious... Sort of like when they go out and buy old books in bulk to 'create a look'. No.Jjust no... Someone is either a reader or they aren't...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach  Agree on the books... My books are for reading or browsing through and I'm not covering them with pretty covers to make them more decorative. I like to look at the binding and know what book I'm looking at. There is a limit as to how far I'm willing to go for 'decor' and that goes past my limit... I also have to say, when I see decorators do it, I subtract a point form their overall score... I think it's pretentious... Sort of like when they go out and buy old books in bulk to 'create a look'. No.Jjust no... Someone is either a reader or they aren't...

Exactly, @stevieb 

I think books have a strength and beauty of their own and don't need the false addition of whatever makes someone think they need in orrder to "fit" into a decorating scheme.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Lovely, calm, and serene come to mind for me...only thing I'd change is the table by the bed. I'd prefer a wooden piece...and I'm nit picking with that. 

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Trusted Contributor

This room is beautiful.  The colors & design are very well done.  The wall of windows allows for wonderful, natural light.

A room that's restful, peaceful & cheery.  Love it.

Thanks @stevieb 

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @ScenicMaine.

Glad you enjoyed this room. It is quite pretty, I agree.