Valued Contributor

Re: Blue and White Living Room...

Although it's pretty, that's a lot of real estate in the middle of the room. Maybe push the sofas in closer to face each other?   Even if it means losing the two blue chairs, I think the room would work better.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. It looks like they're getting ready for a game of charades and had to move the furniture out of the way.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like the waiting room for the Oval Office (if there is one, this would be my imagining). Not a "homey" room.

Honored Contributor

I wondered upon seeing this room if they were in the midst of arranging furniture or if there was some other reason the pieces are arranged in such a linear fashion. It does appear, though, that the room is 'finished' but like others here have suggested, the arrangement seems very strange. Decorators have long heard and delivered admonitions about lining furniture up against walls and yet here we are. I know that in most large rooms there's always an effort to create multiple seating or conversation areas, and while I've seen several rooms like this lately with a sofa and coffee table fronting opposite walls, one can only hope this is not a new trend. It looks rather ridiculous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the blue colors in the room.  I also like the furnishings.   I am glad there are curtains on the windows.  I would have a different choice in art work above the mantel.

I have mixed feelings about the furniture placement.  While I do love all the open space I would probably bring the couches and chairs closer together or rearrange.  In general I do like the room, much potential with some changes.

Respected Contributor

Maybe if they angled the fireplace chairs further from the walls, moved the printed chairs closer together so furniture is not to lined up.  Would need a smaller coffee table to be able to angle chairs but that would be a good thing.  Also needs touches of a third color to accent as all the blue and white seems sterile.   And could do a much better job of accessorizing.  Just makes me think they just put the furniture in and lined it up with no thought of how to place it.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I love the blend of white/blue colors.  I'm not a fan of this shade of blue though as a "velvet-like" material?  The furniture does see off.  I love the pastel colors of the art over the fireplace but wish the pic was a scenic one.

Thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This looks like a waiting room with the two blue chairs on each side of the fireplace and then the stools across from the sofa.  Strange design and I bet whoever designed this room is strange too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the blue.  As others have stated, I don't get the "dance floor" open space in the middle of the room.  Furniture placement needs a more creative eye.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't care for the blue.  As others have stated, I don't get the "dance floor" open space in the middle of the room.  Furniture placement needs a more creative eye.

@faeriemoon  That whole dance floor thing was one of my first thoughts... Like a middle school dance, girls line up on the left, boys line up on the right with the dance floor in the middle... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...