Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Very attractive!  Looking at pictures like this is like having candy for me!  Thank you so much!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Glad you enjoyed and yes, I know, me too, candy for my eyes... I used to covet and save so many shelter magazines back when they all really did features on lovely rooms... I saved many of them for years, but ultimately there was no room... Now days, most of them are easy to skip but every once in a while one really captures something really fun and lovely to look at...

@stevieb 

I took SO many magazines!  I always had about 4 magazines that were on decorating which I collected along with the ones in the school library and I took them for my Interior Design classes to do a big furniture ID book!

I also had a set of the major furniture styles that were black outline on a clear plastic sheet I could use the overhead with.  We would go through the styles at the beginning and end of every class and they knew all 50 and the history behind each.  

If a student could make it through all 50 with no mistakes, they got a candy bar!  They worked very hard!

Honored Contributor

What elegant, beautiful rooms!  Love the architecture and antiques.

Honored Contributor

Its so pretty and inviting, without being over the top. Blue is such a pretty color to decorate with. Inever used much Blue, but it really is pretty and soft....

This home is very inviting and pretty! great job!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sligo wrote:

Stevie, YOU ARE THE BEST!!! Thank you so very much for sharing.  Is there room in the Inn? Over the mantle next to picture what shell is this?

Awww, thanks, nice of you to say @sligo. This place is in Lichfield Connecticut if you want to check into whether or not guests are welcome... Smiley Very Happy  As for the shell, I think I'll leave any definitive response up to someone more expert than am I, but it looks like a tortoise shell to me...

@stevieb  We rented an old home in Litchfield two years ago for Thanksgiving week. So many of the homes there are old and beautiful and look like the one you posted. Thanks for the photos.

Honored Contributor

It's nice looking, but it's not for me. I prefer reds & greens for Christmas decorating. It's way too much blue for me. 

I like the exterior, the architectural details inside, and some of the furnishings. My favorite rooms are the dining room and the last photo of the formal living room. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Christmas...

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

I love it all. The room with the Christmas tree is my favorite, but I don't think I'd change a thing in any of the rooms. There is a house somewhat similar to this one that is about 5 miles from me. I don't know what the inside looks like, but I've admired it for years. Well, we can dream can't we? Woman Happy

Yes @Leeny  surely we can dream. Glad you enjoyed seeing this home. I really like it too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm going to be the odd woman out.  think the outside of the house is beautiful and I like the rooms inside but I'm not a fan of the decor at all.   I like the shape of the tree but not the decorations on it.  Nothing about this house says Christmas to me.  It looks like they slapped a tree up and called it a day.    

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

When I seen Litchfield mentioned here, I thought no, this home can't be in MN. lol. Then I seen you mention it is in Connecticut. There is a small town in northern MN. named Litchfield where we have relatives living. 

I wish I was in this home right now. It's so dreary and dingy out today here. I had to go out and mail something back through UPS. The box wouldn't fit in the drop box that they provide around town. So I had to go down town. grrrr.

Honored Contributor

The rooms. furnishings, decor, spaciousness all are lovely and so appealing.  Love it.

Honored Contributor

Enjoyed the photos. It surprises me that the front door is not blue.