Honored Contributor

@stevieb Nope.  I love blue but for me, this is too much blue.

Honored Contributor

Pretty, but too many patterns for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I like blue, but I'm glad there is some white to break it up.

Trusted Contributor

Pretty

Super Contributor

Very pretty.. I love Blue..

Honored Contributor

Very pretty.  Love the mixture of patterns.

Honored Contributor

love those dishes too--so fun it mix and match with

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

@stevieb: You know I’m a sucker for your “blue posts” especially when it’s straight out of my china cabinet (sans the fresh pears) LOL - keep ‘me coming - beautiful !

@Spacrazy  Glad you like them... I have some of the Calico pattern too... Back in the day, the TJX stores used to get some beautiful dishes: Queensware, Spode, 'designer' china and so on... I was lucky enough to land some great dishes at good prices... I don't see things like this at those store much anymore...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Delightful, @stevieb.  What a connoisseur's eye you have for lovely china and tablescapes...

Thanks @Oznell I have a weakness for dishes and have stopped collecting, as I have too many and can't ever use what I have... Not even to mention, there's simply no more room for collections... I rarely set a pretty table, as I suspect is the case with most of us, but it's still nice to see pretty dishware and to see the occasional beautifully set dining table...

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Calico Dishes...

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I have tons of blue and white:  Spode blue room dishes; vases and ginger jars; garden stools; an umbrella stand; ceramic Oriental fish pots, etc.  It is pared down and mixed n and is not a country look, but more modern.  But it works with everything!

@Sooner  I love blue and white... Have all sorts of blue and white accessories and pieces in all sorts of shapes, sizes, patterns, and so on... And yes, it does work with everything, no matter one's personal style... I'e always been a fan... The interesting thing about me and blue is that I'm not a huge fan other than in accessories and dishware... I like blue, but don't use it much to decorate with, as far as furniture, window coverings, etc. goes...