Respected Contributor

The more I look at your pretty, blue dishes @stevieb I realize I have no square shape. That really adds a beautiful dimension.

What you’ve “forced” me to do is go through my china cabinet and check out what is there (long overdue).  Don’t know I don’t do it more often because I enjoy looking at it but it also brings memories of days gone by.  Lots of keepsakes.  Found some treasured linens and lace doilies in some drawers I had forgotten about so I guess that’s incentive to keep going.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty. I have a friend who collects blue and white Delft.

Honored Contributor

The Blue Calico dishes are beautiful and stand out in the pictures.  I enjoy displaying groups of items on my tables and alternate my decor according to the season.  Decorating for me is always enjoyable and the results make me happy,

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

The more I look at your pretty, blue dishes @stevieb I realize I have no square shape. That really adds a beautiful dimension.

What you’ve “forced” me to do is go through my china cabinet and check out what is there (long overdue).  Don’t know I don’t do it more often because I enjoy looking at it but it also brings memories of days gone by.  Lots of keepsakes.  Found some treasured linens and lace doilies in some drawers I had forgotten about so I guess that’s incentive to keep going.

I understand @Spacrazy. I used to go through my china armoire a few times a year and switch out dishes so I made sure to use what I have. Haven't done it in a while, but have just been using the same ones I stocked in the cabinet last time I switched them around. It was also fun to just look at some of the pretty dishes I've accumulated but it began to feel like a lot of work and not a high priority. I need to make it a point to take the time to check it out soon and not wait until it's time to pull out Christmas dishes!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I love the indigo theme Pier 1 has now including dishes.