Frequent Contributor

Re: Blankets that won't make me sweat during winter

Sheets and sleep wear are cotton.  BUT blankets are Berkshire.  Feel great but too hot!

Frequent Contributor

I ordered a cotton blanket today from Amazon.  Fingers crossed!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I replaced my heated blanket with a heated mattress pad several years ago.  That freed me up from the heavy heated blanket on top of me which was hard to maneuver under plus allowed me to buy different looks/colors for the top of the bed which I couldn't play around with for 9 months out of the year I was using the electric blanket.   So in warmer months I tend to use just cotton woven lightweight blankets and in the cooler months I have adjusted to using down alternative microfiber quilts (I have a coral one on the bed now).   I must say these microfiber blankets from HSN are so soft and not all that heavy or warm so I don't typically get too hot using them.  I adjust the heated mattress pad as needed and I put another thin mattress pad on top of it to keep from getting too hot with it on.  I tend to use only the lower settings unless it is exceptionally cold outside then I might be encouraged to turn it up to a medium setting.

Honored Contributor

Cotton quilts, would be good for your  sleeping.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Northern Nights down blanket - we use them all year 'round.

Esteemed Contributor

I use 100% cotton sheets and a cotton blanket as well - plus I sleep in a t-shirt & shorts, lol

Honored Contributor

@Mayflowers   Cotton quilts are great as blankets.  I own one I purchased from Pottery Barn.  Have you seen the advertisement on Sheetz?  Sheetz are bedsheets that will keep you cool.  

kindness is strength