Respected Contributor

I've been buying the Vellux blankets from JCP, for yrs. The 1st I had was wonderful (it lasted a long time & seemed heavier than the last 2), unfortunately, it got messed up, by my bf. I ordered another & it tore by the binding, in no time. Bought a 3rd & same issue is now happening, tearing near the binding. This isn't at the seam, it's about 10" below the binding. 

I was considering ordering a thermal type blanket. All the reviews on JCP, were not that great-shrinkage, fading, & snagging. I just looked at H288267-Berkshire blanket. it is similar to the vellux blankets. I'm in Texas, but keep my vellux on my bed year round. 

Anyone have some good light-weight blanket recommendations??

Honored Contributor

Re: Blanket recommendation?

[ Edited ]

I got a great cotton blanket tightly woven so the dog's toenails can't snag it.  Unfortunately it was made and sold by Linen Source which went out if business last year.  Good quality cotton blankets are hard to find, however.

I love a down blanket for slightly cooler conditions, although I'm still using it with the AC.  It's lighter weight than a down comforter.

You might try a microfleece (not microfiber) sheet or blanket if you can find one this time of year.  Don't chose one of the super-cheap thin ones QVC sells.  They're worthless.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I use a down blanket year-round, with a microfleece blanket on top of it for added warmth in the winter.  I'm in AZ.

Honored Contributor

I love my fleece blanket from LLBean.  I have 2 and they are warm and easy to care for.  One is now 9 years old and still looks like new. I've tried other brands, including Vellux, and they just can't compare.  

Wait for a promo code because LL Bean products are expensive.  Sign up for emails if you want to know when they offer a code.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We really like the Martha Stewart blanket we got at Macy's and I just bought another on online a few weeks ago.

If you search Martha Stewart Blanket, you'll find it. It's currently on sale, all sizes, for $37.50 and free shipping.  We've been really pleased with it.  We have the natural color and the new one I just bought ordred is Sesame, which is like Taupe.

247C41B9-E58B-46CE-8BBB-999FCD271C87.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the goods at Bates. I have several of their bedspreads and a few of their blankets. Made in the USA and excellent quality ! Just Google....they have a nice web site...buy directly from the company.

Batesmillstore....google that instead of just Bates.

Respected Contributor

I think the blankets from Birkshire and Northern Nights from QVC are excellent.  Also the sheet sets, I use the top fleece sheet for summer blankets.  The one I have with snowflakes is my favorite for summer, LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've gotten several nice blankets at Linen Source.  They have a wonderful variety of products.

Also if Vermont Country Store has one it WILL be high quality.  One of the posters said I believe Retail Me Not has a free SH coupon code.

Esteemed Contributor

For summer I tend to keep two on so I can change my mind.  But the under one is always a cotton thermal.  Yes they do tend to snag but a wonderful lightweight option.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    Linen Source is gone, out of business.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment