Esteemed Contributor
I love black/white decor. It's sophisticated and has crisp, clean look. I don't have any black and white but my living room is gray & cream.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like cream with black accents and greenery added. 

I like all the rooms but not the first room. The last room is my favorite because it is not too  modern.

I like more of a whitewash and not solid stark white color.

Grey added to the mix is pretty too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Black with White/Ivory

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast wrote:

Thank you @wilma for taking so much time entertaining us.

@sceniccoast 

You’re welcome! 

I am going to run out of colors and ideas soon! 😆🤣 LOL! 

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I doubt it, as styles, trends, colors all go round & come back in different ways.  Something tells me you have the know-how to mix/match & make up your own.    Woman Wink   But, then that would probably mean even spending more of your precious time .. and, you do have a life after all.

LOL

You go girl!

Honored Contributor

I like black and white in fashion but not home decor. The only black/white I have are some pieces of McKenzie-Childs. 

Honored Contributor

There is something pleasing to the eye for me, and a sense of calm order and elegance, when only two colors are used to create a space, or a very close family of colors, as opposed to a space with an explosion of colors or many colors mixed. 

That said, those limited color spaces can get boring over a short period of time, or be hard to really decorate with things you love, because they don't fit the limited color/shade criteria.

Honored Contributor

I have no desire for black walls but that said have always though black and white make for a sharp combination. Still, it's one I'd probably only choose to employ with accessories and not in any permanent way. It's more stark and, perhaps, a bit more 'showy' than I'd choose to live with on a day to day basis.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I find the rooms beautiful but I could never live with those colors.  They are stunning rooms, but they do not look homey where a family would feel comfortable.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I don't have any black in my home, but I do love Ivory!I think Black and White can look really good and crisp, and Ivory and black softens the look a bit! Both can look really nice to me!

Honored Contributor

I have some artwork with black picture frames...and an antique bookcase thats painted anrtique white.....

The rooms shown are nicely styled, but not my taste....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”