Esteemed Contributor

Re: Black home with white trim

I have never seen a house painted black.  It’s not my cup of tea so I would not pick that color but to each their own.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Cute cottage but the paint job ruins it IMO.

@Kachina624 Can you imagine the HEAT it would absorb?

@Desertdi   There goes the electric bill. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 Exactly - Creative children add a little more excitement to life. Pushes me to be more accepting of new ideas.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

If your name is Hansel or Gretel do not go near this home.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

That's a fabulous house and I love the stark contrast.  The only thing I'd add is geraniums.

I hope he's happy in his "new" home.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee You are kind. Thank you. Geraniums are a perfect choice. Hubs is the landscaper in the family. Retired. I'm sure he'll be planting flowers. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

It's an adorable house. I probably wouldn't pick black but it looks nice. This isn't, though, what I picture when I think mid-century. Thankfully. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I love it and I would keep the door white as in the picture. 

I want to enter that door and see what's inside.

I agree. I think the white door is fine. I'm not sure I'd introduce another color.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@manny2 Right now son's thinking of a cool, mid-blue door color and will paint shed in backyard the same color. The neighbor with dark gray / white trim home has a yellow door. It's striking. Again, I'm not this bold with my exterior colors, but son is in his 30s - and I fully expect him to be creative. 

Interesting because instead of black, I'm thinking I might have painted the house a slate blue...

Blue Shingled House with Brown Front Door - Cottage - Home Exterior

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love to see a sky blue door on that house! My initial thought was yellow, red or coral . . . then remember he mentioned he wanted blues. It has to be a happy, bold color to brighten up the black. His has a great eye for design and style in architecture! That home has character and strong bones. Your son will be very happy there and he should be especially proud of the work he put into it! 

Surprised so many other posters haven't seen this type of color combination both inside and outside homes. It's all over our community. Very attractive IMO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.