Honored Contributor

Re: Black home with white trim

Cute cottage but the paint job ruins it IMO. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This style looks nice in black and white and the red brick adds color.  It's cute, but I wouldn't have a black exterior.  

Since my area is historical, we have colonial building and color codes, so no, I won't be seeing black houses.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake   What a charming house!  Love the door!  I would have gone with navy and white, but this is okay.  Good luck to your son!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks good. How does it look at night?

Honored Contributor

Black and white, always a classic, yet couldn't be hotter right now, @jeanlake .   What fairy tale charm that house has!

Your son sounds super!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

A charming house, but I would go just a bit lighter with a charcoal or other dark gray.

I imagine some neighbors will not be pleased with the house painnted black.

Not sure what your son's career has to do with his choice of exterior paint color. You trying to justify it, perhaps?

@queendivaShe doesn't have to justify it. It is what her son likes. As for the neighbors not an issue. The house is well maintained, so they don't get to decide what color scheme he favors either.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlakePlease post an updated picture when he chooses the color for the door. I think that will bring this entire look together. I really admire people that step out of the box, and choose to go with such a bold look.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Patriot. The smaller homes on bigger lots are architecturally attractive in son's neighborhood. Navy was his first color choice but a house nearby is painted this way. He also liked dark gray, but the house across the street got painted first. Homes, near downtown, built before 1950s have historical codes and approval, but his house is 1950s.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
New Contributor

love it. its looks beautiful

Honored Contributor

I love it and I would keep the door white as in the picture. 

I want to enter that door and see what's inside.