Honored Contributor

Re: Black and White for Christmas

I really like the simplicity of it & that would be perfect for my younger sons home.  Very minimal & totally modern (black & white) decor & industrial.

Honored Contributor

@NorthernLights wrote:

Quite honestly this looks like something that my ex-husband would do and has done. And that's all good and fine, because he feels more than comfortable coming to my house and telling me Christmas threw up all over it.

________

Whatever made you divorce a gem like him?????

Valued Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@NorthernLights wrote:

Quite honestly this looks like something that my ex-husband would do and has done. And that's all good and fine, because he feels more than comfortable coming to my house and telling me Christmas threw up all over it.

________

Whatever made you divorce a gem like him?????

Oh trust me, I thank myself every day.

Honored Contributor

I do like quirky, personal design, whether in home decor or one's Christmas decorations.  But somehow, this looks sort of "self-consciously hip" to me-- too contrived.  Minimal or not (and I can really like minimal) there's a real element of joy and "other-worldliness" in Christmas, that just seems missing here...

Respected Contributor

Not a fan.

I have seen beautifully decorated white trees, but I don't care for this look.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't be my choice as a main tree, but if I were into "trees all over the house", I would definitely appreciate that look.

Honored Contributor

I am a big fan of Black and White in Fashion, but not in Christmas Decor.....I see this in the home of a young, chic, couple who wants to be different. It is cool in its own way, just not my style or taste.......

Frequent Contributor

A few years back.......in one of the upscale areas......there was a townhome decorated with a black and white holiday theme.  The home and decorations were stunning.  The home drew cars moving every so slowly with people looking thru the huge windows in the front of the  home.  It was stunning.....LOL.  

Respected Contributor

It’s lovely in a somber, “I’m too cool for color” kind of way, but I enjoy a cheerful Christmas tree, not an art piece.

Honored Contributor

I like black and white in decor, but not in my Christmas tree.  But I can see this as an alternative for folks who want to try something different. 

Here is another option:

http://cdn.designrulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/PURPLE-CHRISTMAS-TREE-designrulz-020.jpg

I've used mauve, gold, brown, off white, pink and dark red on my main tree.  I have never used purple but I think it's really pretty on this tree and could be used in moderation.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~