Esteemed Contributor

Re: Black and White for Christmas

Not for me either. Doesn’t speak happiness to me

Honored Contributor

You put this up at Halloween and leave it up through Christmas?   Seems appropriate for both holidays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love the pictures on the wall, but that's about it.....if some more metallics were mixed in, I'd prob like it a lot more. It wouldn't be so "stark".

Valued Contributor

Quite honestly this looks like something that my ex-husband would do and has done. And that's all good and fine, because he feels more than comfortable coming to my house and telling me Christmas threw up all over it.

Honored Contributor

Thumbs down.

Valued Contributor

AWFUL!!!

Respected Contributor

It would never be for me as I do two trees, one traditional red, green with gold and one Victorian pinks, blues, white and silver.and that would be my taste.

But I do like it in the room shown.  One thing about it I don't like is the black feather or whatever that is sticking out.  I would replace them with something more metallic or shiny to perk it up. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a buyer/product developer of gifts and decorative accessories for 19 years and was responsible for holiday and Christmas decoration purchasing along with setting up stores and a catalog. I had to figure the next trend, plan store footprints, and grab mall shoppers' attention with window displays to entice them in. In the late 1980's, I bought fake trees and had them flocked black. I purchased large faux pearl garlands to sell and used some on the trees. I then had gold bow ornaments & a variety of red bulb ornaments. I had other trees with red bows & gold ornaments. Toppers were ornate angels in gold and red, and there were plenty of tree lights. I took a chance with black trees, but it was during the time of the "Working Girl" movie with those formal style trends. I sold through the merchandise, and photos of the trees landed in the main trade magazine. Black, white, and another color or 2 can work. One year, it was purple & red woodland. I LOVED that job. But at home I had a 4' tree made out of neon light green tubing with 6 pastel neon ornaments (circle-like)...minimalist. I still have that tree in a box in the garage and a silver mylar one that looks like the old aluminum. Go figure. Lol.

Valued Contributor

Not for me, but, I do think its pretty.

Trusted Contributor

I could see a bachelor doing this in an ultra-sleek and modern city apartment.

If this was in my own home, I'd never want this for my only Christmas tree, as I like traditional colors.  I might go for it if I had an entry hall that had the black and white flooring...it would be pretty and dramatic in that venue.  But then in the main living room or family room, I'd want my traditional Christmas tree!