Honored Contributor

Re: Black & White San Francisco LR

Could be a room designed by an interior or fashion designer.  I suppose this person loves this style, but don't invite me over and offer me a drink.  That wall already makes me dizzy.  

The sofa is beautiful.  Parsons(?) table a good design.  Shag rug adds coziness, but always need fluffing. 

Get rid of that tiny gold lamp and pink accents.  Replace lamp with something much larger. Add red accents.  Curtains or something other than white blinds on the windows.

Because the wall makes such a huge impact on my overall impression, I give the design of this room a D.

Honored Contributor

I love it.  It's not really "me", I would never decorate like that but I love looking at it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it.  My kind of decor.

In fact, all my "wood" furniture is black and my upholstered furniture (couch, loveseat and dining room chairs) are black velvet.

Picture frames and mats are black.  Mirror frames are black.  

Accents are red and animal prints.  Curtains are charcoal and red alternating sheers.  Hassocks are red, carpet is red in living room.

ETA:   I face west ... a typical evening sunset view (this one from June, taken with my cell phone.)   

IMG_0528.JPG

Respected Contributor

I like everything except the wall.  That B&W design would give me a headache!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

SF glam

Not for me.....but I always look forward to seeing what lolakimono posts on this forum 🤗

Esteemed Contributor

Love the sofa.

Honored Contributor

Despite the cushy couch-- which does look inviting-- the overall feeling of the room is too "hard-edged" for me.  The strange jar with the multiple faces is seriously off-putting, for some reason!

I'm not at all averse to modern interiors, but I think to work for me there has to be a kind of forgiving, non-aggressive, soft vibe...  Some modern interiors really can achieve that.

Respected Contributor

This I to modern for me. I like a cosy feel.
Respected Contributor

Without the head thing, pretty cool.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I don't mind the room, but don't like the view, been a country girl too long.