Honored Contributor

Some black and white is attractive but there is just too much of it and it feels kind of heavy and not a happy room.  I feel some pops of color would pick it up.  Maybe some red??? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I like most of it - but not the wall pattern/material - looks like wallpaper?  If it is, I don't think it's practical either esp. in back of a sink.

Respected Contributor

Do not like black cabinets or walls.....NO!

Respected Contributor

I couldn't live with those colors. It's put together very well, but to me it's slightly morbid. I can't stand those black/white tile floors....never liked them. 

Respected Contributor

@nova wrote:

For a kitchen that grand it looks like the sink is super small doesn't it?

I just noticed that- it's like a small bathroom sink. Once again, I guess this is a kitchen for viewing, not using. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Black & White Kitchen

[ Edited ]

@spot555 wrote:

@nova wrote:

For a kitchen that grand it looks like the sink is super small doesn't it?

I just noticed that- it's like a small bathroom sink. Once again, I guess this is a kitchen for viewing, not using. 

You could talk me into believing this is either a bar or butler's pantry.   Notice the cabinets, or shelves, are filled with stemware.  Also, behind the glasses, is that a rattan shade serving as a screen?  

Edited to add:  I forgot to point out the bottle of Blanton's.  Smiley Very Happy

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

You could talk me into believing this is either a bar or butler's pantry.   Notice the cabinets, or shelves, are filled with stemware.  Also, behind the glasses, is that a rattan shade serving as a screen?  

Edited to add:  I forgot to point out the bottle of Blanton's.  Smiley Very Happy

I just took a more thorough look....you're absolutely correct...all barware/booze in that kitchen. I've never been around anyone who had a specific room for their stemware. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

...I've never been around anyone who had a specific room for their stemware. Smiley Very Happy

All I want is a room somewhere
Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous chair
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Not for me. Not a fan of all black and white in decorating. Needs some warmth. I dislike the wallpaper too. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I like it.  Along with others....not fan of the wallpaper.  So much better than a white kitchen.  I'm just not a fan for whited kitchens.

My thoughts exactly. The cabinets are gorgeous.