Honored Contributor

What do you think?

I think the brightness from the large window helps to counteract what otherwise would be a really dark space. I don’t mind the brick or the black cabinets in this setting, but the black ceiling & wall color are too much for me. I would prefer a lighter paint color. 

What really bothers me most though are the open shelves and lack of closed cabinets. In my life that’s not practical. I like to have most of my kitchen things put away for a clean & neat look. I don’t want to have to deal with the dust & food splatter that would inevitably collect on the items on the open shelves. 

BF8CD551-8709-4527-9B3B-FC710FCC265C.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would love this if the ceiling were not black.

Respected Contributor

Open shelves in a kitchen would be a deal breaker for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the brick, but I would never be able to live with the open shelves or all the black and stainless.  Looks like a dungeon.

Honored Contributor

I would love this if the walls and ceiling weren't black.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I like the brick but the room is to dark.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma The window adds a lot of light into what is a very dark space.  I prefer a bright kitchen with little/no open shelving.  I really like the flooring, the island, and such workable space.  It just needs to lighten up a lot.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I really like this kitchen, except it is too dark and I don't care for Open Shelving.......Lighten up the paint and I think it would look much brighter!

Honored Contributor

I don't like anything about this kitchen except the floor.

The layout is horrible! I would not want to cook in that space.  There is way too much distance between the sink, stove and refrigerator. I would be out of breath after making lunch.

Open shelves and brick walls are not practical..way too much work to keep clean.

That whole space is big no for me.

Valued Contributor

I agree with you that black ceiling is just too much.  I don't think I would have gone with black walls either.  I'm also not a fan of a lot of open shelving in the kitchen.  It's just not practical for me.