Regular Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights Aqua Flame Flameless Candle TSV has a lot of negative reviews from QVC customers

I purchased the Aqua Flame when it was first presented last August, and I've been very happy with it. I have it set to go on every evening and I haven't experienced any problems with leaking, splattering, etc. I do have to replace the batteries about once every two months (I don't have an electrical outlet near the spot I've placed the candle, otherwise I would plug it in.) Other than that, it's been great!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights Aqua Flame Flameless Candle TSV has a lot of negative reviews from QVC customers

I'm betting its a TSV because they already had the quantity bought. Another ethics slip in wiping out the reviews. The water was enough to turn me off. Anything with water, like those fountains, makes me want to pee.

Regular Contributor

I had to laugh last night when the TSV came on the air. Rick was telling how viewers how these candles were like were being in a spa. Upon closer look, I noticed that the candle on the far left was not working at all. All the others were fine. You would have thought that they would have tested the item before the presentation...{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

I can't get past the price. I would never pay $43 with S&H and tax for one fake candle. That's supposed to be a TSV??

Honored Contributor

On 5/20/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I can't get past the price. I would never pay $43 with S&H and tax for one fake candle. That's supposed to be a TSV??

I agree. The regular price is posted as being about $7 more than the TSV price and shipping is $6.97. The TSV price is basically like getting free shipping. I've noticed that's about average for most TSVs - the price break really amounts to free shipping. Unless there's some kind of a special set offered, I usually don't feel the TSV price is anything special. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

My experience has been great. I've had for about two months, no leaking, no problems. I love mine. Very nice sound and the motor is practically silent.

I really had to laugh about the sound making depglass pee!! That's a good one.

Also, almost every time someone brings up the price they say, "for a candle." But this is a fountain and that's what made it worth the money to me. FOUNTAIN, not just a candle.

Of course I understand if it's not worth that much to some people or if you are afraid based on the bad reviews you found. I'm just telling my experience and I may have been lucky.

I do find it VERY interesting that QVC can hide reviews from their own site search yet Google can display them. I searched Google and didn't find it myself. But I did find the product reviews on QVC UK for the version before the one they are selling today. (The one we all have I think since nobody has received this newest one with the scalloped edge.) It had 23 reviews and a 4.3 out of 5 star rating. That's not too bad.

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

I think its an interesting idea but I haven't had much luck with BL items other than their holiday lights, so I'm just watching and not buying for this item.

I do hate it when Q hides the reviews or just changes the item number to make them disappear.

Honored Contributor

This seems to be a totally useless object, IMO.

I'll pass...

Esteemed Contributor

I like the idea of it, but so many negatives regarding Bethlehem products keeps me from buying. It is pretty though,but if it's short lived it's a no for me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

I was tempted to buy a blue one until I remembered all the negative reviews of the previous candle fountains. Motors stopped working, candles leaked.... I doubt if BL addressed the issues because just like so many other vendors on QVC--they don't seem to care about the quality of their products. They make them as cheap as possible and even though they'll get some sent back, they know that most people who buy their defective junk aren't going to bother returning it. Or they won't be able to return it because problems arise after the thirty days are up.

QVC should pressure their vendors like Bethlehem Lights and Valerie Hill Parnell to exercise quality control over their products. It's the least they could do for their loyal customers. But they won't. Instead they'll just keep hiding the negative reviews and have the hosts smile and rave over something that at least one third of the customers will end up getting gypped on.