Valued Contributor

Best place to Buy Furniture?

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Where do you you prefer to buy furniture?

Big box store or depeartment store? On-line?  Large Furniture Store, or local small furniture store?  Consignment , antique store, or Goodwill?

Where do you get the best prices?

Just curious! Thanks for your replies!

Honored Contributor

Re: Best place to Buy Furniture?

[ Edited ]

We buy furniture in several different places. 

Our bedroom furniture, couch, coffee table and one end table came from Ethan Allen.

We have hardwood floors on most of our first floor. Our three large throw rugs came from Macy’s.  

My recliner came from Lazy Boy.  My husband’s, which had belonged to my dad, came from a locally owned furniture store. 

We bought an easy chair and ottoman last year that we ordered from a local gift shop that also sells some furniture. It’s from a national furniture brand though. 

Most of our lamps were bought at Pottery Barn, but we also have a few that I bought from QVC. 

A few months ago, we bought a storage drawer piece for the kitchen from American Signature Furniture. It’s actually a bedroom nightstand, but I use it In the kitchen. It was our first time going into American Signature and I love the piece. 

So we’re all over the place. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

We bought a lot of the furniture for our condo at Macy's.  Living room, bedroom, mattresses.  12 month financing, helpful salespeople, excellent delivery service.  If I ever need furniture again, Macy's would be my first go to place.

Honored Contributor

I don't usually buy furniture online.  I have to see it in persno.

I've bought furniture from Pottery Barn, Macy's, Art Van - furniture stores in my area.

I buy a lot of decor at Home Goods.  A Ballard opened up in the mall, and I've gotten a few pieces from there. 

I replaced an ottoman in my bedroom from Kohl's. 

I'm kind of all over the place.

Honored Contributor

The last piece of furniture I bought was a sofa.  I bought it from a local furniture store that carried the brands I was interested in.  I usually buy my furniture from local furniture stores.  I don't think I've ever bought any furniture from a big box store.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

We bought a lot of the furniture for our condo at Macy's.  Living room, bedroom, mattresses.  12 month financing, helpful salespeople, excellent delivery service.  If I ever need furniture again, Macy's would be my first go to place.

I have never purchased furniture from any other store.  Also, if you pay cash you get a % off even if the furniture is already on sale. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I recently had to buy a table and chairs and a bed.

The bed and table I got from Ashley Furniture-wonderful prices and very well made. REal wood furniture and nicely finished.

They deliver and have many selections online.

If you are able to put it in your car or truck, Homegoods has wonderful selections. 

Both of these places have good quality, lots of choices and the best value I think.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@barb40 -

Oh and Ashley Furniture delivers and then puts anything together that needs itSmiley Happy

I can't remember if there was a delivery charge but I don't think so.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

We bought most of our Ashley and Lazy Boy at Mathis Brothers Furniture. We can’t beat the prices.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy furniture everywhere.

Moved 6 months ago, so lots of recent furniture buying.

ReStore: Drexel mahogany kitchen table, TV console, living room accent table.

auction: LR end tables

La-Z-Boy: reclining sofa

Raymour & Flanigan: bedroom end table, mirrored front decorated chest of drawers

Bob's Discount Furniture: desk, bed, dresser

Misc. furniture: Home Goods

Curtains:Target, Boscov's

Blinds: Budget Blinds

Area rug, light fixtures: Lowe's