Valued Contributor

Best Lighter-Weight Down Comforter?

Hi Ladies, We're in the market for a new down comforter. We've had down alternatives before, but find that for us, nothing beats down. I would say we're looking for a mid-to light weight comforter, one that can remain on our bed all year long. It could be from anywhere-here, department or box stores, etc. Any specific brand you would recommend??? TIASmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Re: Best Lighter-Weight Down Comforter?

Try The Company Store. They have beautiful linens and specialize in down comforters in a variety of weights. Their comforters are made in their facility in LaCrosse, Wis.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a down blanket from QVC quite a few years ago. It's still great.

Respected Contributor

I also have a Northern Nights Down blanket I bought two years ago on QVC. It is 550 FP and just perfect for our California climate.
Respected Contributor

For the winter I have a light weight down comforter (PA) and for the summer I use a down blanket which is much lighter than the comforter. Too, it's larger and totally covers the sides where the sheet ends. HTH
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much, ladies, for the replies and recommendations. Smiley Happy The one we currently have is years old from the Q (Northern Nights). It's been great, but we need a larger size now and this can be put in another room.

I've always admired the linens and quilts, etc., from The Company Store catalog and online, but I've never purchased. I'll have to look more closely.

And yes, jikz, that helps. Smiley Happy I didn't think about a down blanket. That's a good idea as we're heading into the warmer months.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased a lightweight down comforter and a heavyweight down comforter from Bed Bath & Beyond.

They sell all different qualities. I bought the best quality they sold on both of the comforters and have been 100% satisfied.

The 20% coupons help as well.

Respected Contributor

I have a beautiful (print) NN down blanket that works perfectly as a lightweight comforter.

Respected Contributor

I would recommend the Northern Nights Down blanket also. We have had our for about 4-5 years. Just brought a new one this winter only because I changed the colors in our bedroom. It's perfect year round whether the heat is on or the a/c.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, kate. Smiley Happy And yes, that 20% is a big draw!

Luvpoos & insomniac--Sounds like that blanket might be a winner for many around here. I will have to check it out. I had my mind set on a comforter and duvet cover--which we've always done--but the blanket might be best. I will check them all out! And maybe put off the comforter purchase at least til next fall/winter.