Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best Interior Wall Color Suggestions please

wrote:

The man who did all our painting when we lived in Pittsburgh told me that the color he paints the most - far ahead of all other colors by a long shot - is IVORY.

When we decided to paint our house to prepare it to sell that was the color he told us to paint it. We did - it sold in 9 days.

@151949 Hi! A few months ago you mentioned that your current house (?) is Sherwin Williams Killian Beige walls and Desert White trim. I wrote it down because I am buying paint soon to paint a house we are preparing for sale. Do you still love this color combination? We usually buy Sherwin Williams paint. TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

The man who did all our painting when we lived in Pittsburgh told me that the color he paints the most - far ahead of all other colors by a long shot - is IVORY.

When we decided to paint our house to prepare it to sell that was the color he told us to paint it. We did - it sold in 9 days.

@151949 Hi! A few months ago you mentioned that your current house (?) is Sherwin Williams Killian Beige walls and Desert White trim. I wrote it down because I am buying paint soon to paint a house we are preparing for sale. Do you still love this color combination? We usually buy Sherwin Williams paint. TIA

Yes, I'm still loving my beige walls. I think it is a lovely soft color. I feel , especially here in Fl. where the sun is so bright, it is good for the interior of your home to be a nice soft, restful color. To me white is too harsh. 

Also, when we built this home we paid a lot extra to get crown molding throughout and upgrade the wood trim and doors. Since I paid all that money I want them to be a focal point and the contrast between the beige and the white trim is perfect. It makes our house feel so much more elegant.

Trusted Contributor

I painted my ceiling a very bright white (people forget about the ceilings). I painted my walls a Dunn Edwards color called "China Plate".  It is a  very pretty white, not too pink and not too yellow, and not too bright a white. It is very restful and goes with everything. Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My last house interior wall color was Linen White / Benjamin Moore in eggshell.

A nice white, without being a stark white. Neutral.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

Great suggestions from everyone!!!  I am renovating my living room/entry way and was in search of paint colors.  I have now taken my color choices and put em on the bottom of the page! Thanks for your input and help!  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

wrote:

We had benjamin Moore Navaho White and it is a soft creamy white.

After having it for 13 years we decided to go with Benjamin Moore Elmira White which is a soft beige color.  We love them both.  I feel the softer whites go with everything.  I like doing the entire house all the same color.

Good luck with your choice.

@luvsbulldogs: I have Navajo White in my family room and one of my bathrooms. It's my favorite of all the Benjamin Moore "whites."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

We had benjamin Moore Navaho White and it is a soft creamy white.

After having it for 13 years we decided to go with Benjamin Moore Elmira White which is a soft beige color.  We love them both.  I feel the softer whites go with everything.  I like doing the entire house all the same color.

Good luck with your choice.

@luvsbulldogs: I have Navajo White in my family room and one of my bathrooms. It's my favorite of all the Benjamin Moore "whites."

@handygal2

I too love Navaho White as it is so nice and soft.  As I mentioned our entire house was that color.

Valued Contributor

I love the new grays. I just did two bathrooms in. SW Light French Grey. 

Respected Contributor

I'd go for white too.  Won't clash with any color furnishings and it's an easy base to paint over if you end up wanting another color.  I like whte.  it looks fresh and airy.