Occasional Contributor

Re: Berkshire throws - fuzz?

Thanks for all of your comments.  I wash and dry according to the directions with no fabric softener.  I did take my lint brush and gleaner and got rid of all the fuzz.  I hope it will be the end of the problem.

Honored Contributor

@miss ellie   I wash everything in cold water (except my linens which is warm wash/cold rinse). I stoopped putting in fabric sftener in the wash YEARS ago as all it does is gum up the machine. I use dryer towels like bounce or an off brand, throw a couple of these in the dryer with my throws & anything else I may dry or partially dry. 

Good to go!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@miss ellie wrote:

Does anyone elese have trouble with constant fuzz coming off your Berkshire throw?  If they weren't so soft, I'd send it back in a heartbeat.  I am always covered with yellow fuzz whenever I use it.  Does this EVER go away?

@miss ellie   I havn't had that problem, but in my opinion, the Berkshire throws of several years ago were much thicker and nicer than what I have seen recently.

@mousiegirl 

I noticed that too....the Berkshire throws do have different thicknesses....I bought a lighter smaller one and its quite thin....and then I bought 2 Christmas cat patterns and these are a bit thicker and softer more medium....and then for the ULTIMATE in THICKNESS & LUXURY look for the VELVET SOFT THROWS.....I got the angel and its the best 

Berkshire Blanket 60"x80" Super Oversized Velvet Soft Holiday - H223650

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@miss ellie wrote:

Does anyone elese have trouble with constant fuzz coming off your Berkshire throw?  If they weren't so soft, I'd send it back in a heartbeat.  I am always covered with yellow fuzz whenever I use it.  Does this EVER go away?

@miss ellie   I havn't had that problem, but in my opinion, the Berkshire throws of several years ago were much thicker and nicer than what I have seen recently.

@mousiegirl 

I noticed that too....the Berkshire throws do have different thicknesses....I bought a lighter smaller one and its quite thin....and then I bought 2 Christmas cat patterns and these are a bit thicker and softer more medium....and then for the ULTIMATE in THICKNESS & LUXURY look for the VELVET SOFT THROWS.....I got the angel and its the best 

Berkshire Blanket 60"x80" Super Oversized Velvet Soft Holiday - H223650

@Spurt   I bought the Snoopy velvet throws, and though adequate for my need, covering kitchen chairs so dogs don't get on them, have throws for all seasons, they are not nearly as thick and fluffy as previous throws, wondreing if Berkshire even makes that type any longer, probably more expensive to make the thicker throws.