Esteemed Contributor

Re: Berkshire throws at Ollies!!

Ollie's also carries a nice selection of holiday paper products, ribbon, and boxed cards.  Our store has a great selection of area rugs and remnants.  We've also found lego sets and hard cover sports books.  You can also find a variety of coffee pods too.

You just need to take your time to look around, especially in the book area.  This store is one of a very few that my husband likes.

Valued Contributor

@Effie54  

Oh yes! I remember the one you are talking about! It was THE BEST Berkshire blanket/throw ever, and nothing else compared. I know because I tried buying several others, and they all failed to meaure up.

The old item# here at the Q i believe was H212246. I know I did a search on Ebay and found the exact Berkshire throw I had been searching for, brand new with tags on. It's the Velvetsoft Supreme oversized throw, 60x 80. I just received mine in the mail from Ebay and couldn't be more excited!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

We dont have an Ollies here....We have a Burkes Outlet thats a rather strange store...it's a discount place but some of their things are rather pricey...Better deals at Home Goods or Marshalls......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Rummaging around one of the QVC outlet stores in Wilmington De  used to pay off  back in the day for some nice  lower priced items.

Esteemed Contributor

They had the Berkshire throws at Ollie's last year too, at least at the store

in my area.

Sometimes you can find some nice things there. I usually buy rugs, placemats,

holiday items, books. Pretty good prices and they always send me discounts

postcards in the mail usually for 15% if you use your Ollie's card.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@Effie54  

Oh yes! I remember the one you are talking about! It was THE BEST Berkshire blanket/throw ever, and nothing else compared. I know because I tried buying several others, and they all failed to meaure up.

The old item# here at the Q i believe was H212246. I know I did a search on Ebay and found the exact Berkshire throw I had been searching for, brand new with tags on. It's the Velvetsoft Supreme oversized throw, 60x 80. I just received mine in the mail from Ebay and couldn't be more excited!

Yup! Exactly! I bought one for my nephew and his wife and received it yesterday! I remember that year (2017) when I saw it as a TSV, I bought (5) of them and each person LOVED it! Any subsequent throws were thin, or not nearly as nice. You and I think alike!! 

Honored Contributor

Wow what a deal!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Best place to buy kids books. 

When my kid was little, I used to shop all year in the book department. The prices are so cheap, many great authors. It's easy to build a young child a nice library of brand new books for not a lot of money. 

Valued Contributor

@Effie54 

Just curious, but did you get the wine colored one? That's the one I just received. I'm considering going back for the two pack (teal and another blue color with it) but I'm a little wary in case it is not the exact same as H212246. I guess I won't know unless I try, huh?

I did the same thing you did the year it was a TSV on QVC and bought multiples. My nephew was the recepient of one. This year my nephew's new wife (I'm not kidding) has asked for another one for their new home.

We are leading the same life lolol

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@Effie54 

Just curious, but did you get the wine colored one? That's the one I just received. I'm considering going back for the two pack (teal and another blue color with it) but I'm a little wary in case it is not the exact same as H212246. I guess I won't know unless I try, huh?

I did the same thing you did the year it was a TSV on QVC and bought multiples. My nephew was the recepient of one. This year my nephew's new wife (I'm not kidding) has asked for another one for their new home.

We are leading the same life lolol

Yes, I did get the wine and love it! I bought the lovely blue for a neighbor and another wine for my best friend. They loved it!