Frequent Contributor

Benjamin Moore interior colors

Looking for your favorite interior paint colors by Benjamin Moore. Shades of blue, green, beiige/tan, gray. Pretty much all rooms in mid 1990's center hall coloniial. Considering other colors for laundry room to brighten up. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Benjamin Moore interior colors

@kjayr wrote:

Looking for your favorite interior paint colors by Benjamin Moore. Shades of blue, green, beiige/tan, gray. Pretty much all rooms in mid 1990's center hall coloniial. Considering other colors for laundry room to brighten up. Thanks!

just changed my dining room from yellow to a BMoore called Pale  Oak , it's not grey, not white or beige,  its beautiful 

Contributor

My favorites are BM Nantucket Fog, blue/gray & BM Smoke.  Smoke is in MBR & Nantucket Fog in hall leading to MBA as well as the MBA.

You can now get large sheets of sample colors that are removeable to try them out in various parts of a room so you get the true color before you commit.

I've used decorators to help choose paint.  I could always pick out wallpaper but for the most part; paint colors are a challenge.

Honored Contributor

I'm a broken record on this, so apologies to those who have heard my faves over and over!

"Woodlawn Blue"    A soft, hazy, interesting robin's egg blue, with enough green and gray in it to keep it from being a "cold" blue.  A Benjamin Moore Historic color, loved and used by designers, along with "Palladian Blue" and "Wythe Blue".   I never tire of it and we've had it for years. 

"Van Alen Green"   A soft mid-green with plenty of blue in it.  Greens with a slight 'mint' tone can be tricky, this one's great.  "Carolina Gull" is fairly saturated, very stylish and stunning.  More sage-y warm green would be "Dry Sage".  People love sage-y "Camoflage" too, but I' not sure how green that reads on a wall...

"Revere Pewter"   Very popular, but deservedly so.   An interesting "greige" that can change with light, but always looks good.  Perfect lighter versions of greige are "Edgecomb Gray" and "Baby Fawn".

Other neutrals I'm not as familiar with but that get great marks are "Muslin",   "Manchester Tan",   "Grant Beige".

I still remember the spread that Architectural Digest did on "socialite" Nina Griscom's New York apartment.  She's the last person to have chosen gray just because it was trendy at the time-- she said she ALWAYS paints her spaces Benjamin Moore's "Silver Fox",  and she did with that apartment too.  The trim color she uses with "Silver Fox" is "Linen White",  quite an off-white.  I have to admit, that with the traditional backdrop of the apartment, and her antiques and rich looking, gilt framed paintings and drawings, it looked terrific!

Good luck-- painting cardboard swatches that are maybe a foot square, and taping to wall to see what you like, is a great idea.

The online site kylieminteriors has lots and lots of discussion and examples of Benjamin Moore colors.  Very helpful!

Super Contributor

Revere Pewter, I have this in almost every room

Honored Contributor

China White is my favorite.  It is a white paint with a hint of gray -- looks great on the walls.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have all Benjamin Moore colors in my home.  I have Monroe Bisque in my bathrooms.  I have Quincy Tan in my Master Bedroom.  You mentioned blue/green - I have Wythe Blue in my guest bedroom and absolutely love this color.  To me it looks deep aqua.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue is my fav.  Depending on the light it can be blue, agua or blue/green.  I think it is gorgeous.

image.pngEdited to add.  Palladian Blue is on the wall right in front of me, so the color sample above is quite close to the wall.  The two colors look nothing alike right now.  The wall has a minty green tint while the sample is def. a gray blue.  Colors have their own personalities.

Respected Contributor

I have used the Colonial Williamsburg colors in all of my rooms, because I have a big old house with high ceilings and big windows.   You can see online the colors and if you go to the BM paint store they will have the dark, medium and light version of each color.

I have use these colors for the last 30 years, and because they are Classic they never go out of style.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

China White is my favorite.  It is a white paint with a hint of gray -- looks great on the walls.

@Katcat1    I am painting my bathroom, hopefully this week, once the plastering is done.  I have had a terrible time picking out a white paint color.  The china white looks nice!  Not to white but light enough.

Tub, stool, and vanity are white, vanity base is black.  One window.  The floor is tile...brown/cream.  I think china white might work.