Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this advertised for real wood furniture.  Anyone use it?   Would like to hear results if you have.  Reviews seem pretty good.  LM

Respected Contributor

More info needed as I have no idea what you mean. 

You saw this advertised where?  On QVC or somewhere else?  Is there a brand name?  You saw reviews where??????

Honored Contributor

Re: Beeswax for furniture

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom , Yes I have seen it and I think years ago I used beeswax on my antique furniture.  

I believe there are a few antique dealers (or used to be) on the forums, maybe they will reply.  

I recall that I liked it, I don't remember why I didn't purchase again.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia @Mom2Dogs , it is called Beewax, not Beeswax as typed above.  Auto correct rules again🙄.  It is sold on Amazon under that name.  I didn't give a link because I think it is against the forum rules.  Sold at places other than Amazon.  

Looking for feedback from someone who has used it.  Can be used to give new life to wood furniture, cutting boards, salad bowls and utensils, etc.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom ....I used it on furniture only.  I have a wax that is food safe that I purchased from a dealer at an artshow.  Is the product you are looking at food safe?

I never use anything but a damp cloth or a beewax product on my furniture. When I did use the beewax...it was just 1 or 2x a year.

I am going to clean my kitchen cabinets as a winter project....and where the finish is thin/wearing I will lightly sand, restain and apply the wax after the stain dries....I have just not purchased any product yet...I did look on amazon, and probably saw what you posted about.  I don't have an Amazon account so if I can get it on Ebay, that is what I will do.

I saw a U-tube video about cleaning/staining the cabinets and they suggested using a 'Touch of Beeswax and  'Touch of Oranges'...which is a cleanser.  I was told by the manfacturer of my cabinets to use dawn dish soap and water....clean and buff!...but my cabinets certainly need more than a clean and buff...where we touch them all the time is the only worn spots...otherwise they look great.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs , I will also use it on furniture only.  I hope you will post after you do your cabinets.  I bet it will do a great job.

I have a friend who is a beekeeper.  I have posed the same question to her and I bet she will have some input which I will share when I get.

I have some beautiful side tables from my family home.  I used minwax stain cloths on them a couple of years ago and they turned out really well.  You can see the before and after below.  Apologies for upside down photos.  

I think a beeswax finish would be lovely on these.  What do you think?  LM

BB2C01D1-6542-4903-B928-BC55D7A90F19.jpeg

19F15B18-1B86-4ED4-9131-B645ADB29192.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PinkyPetunia @Mom2Dogs , it is called Beewax, not Beeswax as typed above.  Auto correct rules again🙄.  It is sold on Amazon under that name.  I didn't give a link because I think it is against the forum rules.  Sold at places other than Amazon.  

Looking for feedback from someone who has used it.  Can be used to give new life to wood furniture, cutting boards, salad bowls and utensils, etc.  LM

@Lilysmom    Thank you for the detailed answer.  I will look at the item.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom  That wood is beautiful, what a difference from the before to the after....the wax will only enhance the beauty of that wood!

I have never heard of the 'stain cloths'.  I will have to investiage that product.

I have an old, all wood cabinet from my grandma....I have cared for it, but the finish is not great, I wonder if  those cloths would work on my cupboard?  I have other antique pieces but I would say the cupboard has the least nice finish...thanks for the heads up on the product.

Super Contributor

In my family, we have used “Food for Varnish” to bring furniture finishes back to life.

When Spring cleaning, after cleaning the furniture and natural wood doors & trim, I’ll put a few drops on a damp cloth and go over everything and  it all looks like a million bucks!

You can find it on Amazon, Food for Varnish by Rowe & Bisonite.

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 I have never heard of that product....how long does the 'finish' last on the furniture....some products that I have used look nice for a short time but then the wood returns to the way it looked before the product. was applied.