Honored Contributor

Bedroom Makeovers: My Three Sons

These three tweens/teens got makeovers at the same time. The idea was to design rooms that were timeless and that the tweens could grow into.

Which is your favorite and why?

#1-

May be an image of furniture, bedroom and living room

#2-

May be an image of furniture and bedroom

#3-

May be an image of furniture and bedroom

Valued Contributor

Re: Bedroom Makeovers: My Three Sons

you nailed it ! Looks great !

Honored Contributor

@Chessa35 wrote:

you nailed it ! Looks great !

@Chessa35 

I did not design these.  I titled the post based on the TV show, My Three Sons, just to clarify.

Honored Contributor

If I had to choose one, it would be the last photo....more traditional, classic, understated.  But that is my preference and may not be acceptable to a tween.  If this was my assignment, I would go all out to address his passions in the decor of his room combined with quality classic traditional furniture. Bedspreads/rugs/window treatments/decor can always be changed throughout the years.

Respected Contributor

All of the rooms are good, but I like the first one best. It's very similar to the third room, but I like the pops of red in the first room.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like all of them, except for the chairs and lamps in the first pic.

Esteemed Contributor

Overall, I prefer #1.  I like the prints used and it is just more pleasing to the eye for me.  The other two aren't bad though.  I do think they're too mature for teens/tweens even considering growing into them.

Is this the same room that was styled and designed three ways?  It looks the same to me but option #2 looks like the furnishings are flipped to opposite walls from 1 & 3.  Just curious....I know you said this was for three boys but it looked like the same room done 3 ways.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

They are all nice, but I prefer #1 because of the pops of red! The 3rd room is ok, but rather blah to me..... 

Honored Contributor

I like the first of the three....the other two are a bit bland for my taste.  However I have to agree with another poster that all three tend to look a bit mature for a tween/teen.  

Respected Contributor

I picck #3