Respected Contributor

Re: Bed from wayfair

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday

This collection was not on display at any of our metro-area Macy's, so I got the dining room buffet sight-unseen, but knew Macy's would take it right back if I wasn't happy.  I was happy.  Color and quality were just right.  I got lucky!

Macy's website also shows a mirrored collection of bedroom furniture, if that's what you want.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

These are the two from the Kelly Rippa collection. They both look stunning with the bed. Thank you so much for mentioning this. Like I said the prices are so good.

8167A17A-6B6A-405C-884C-084D1D7DBD55.jpeg40267BF8-3303-4DEF-843B-E9E9748ADEA9.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

My only question on the two Kelly Rippa collections is will the hardware go with my chandelier and lamp.

ECD1A1C6-B019-4566-AB08-D2AE1ABC4861.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday

For my taste, the hardware (which looks a little darker in the photos you posted than it really is) should go beautifully with any metallic shades from gold to silver to pewter or bronze.  I have a mix of subtle metallic shades throughout my new home and love the look. 

Don't want everything to match precisely.......too boring that way and actually out of style these days, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

So I found this bed on wayfair. I like it better then the wood ones I have seen. But what color of dresser and nightstand would you do. I was thinking a dark expresso but not sure. I was wanting something lighter in color.  The bed color is described as linen.

AE19F560-6E3B-4B58-B732-E3DA05B97D33.jpeg

Your first instinct is my first thought:  the espresso. Nice contrast with the bed and bedding, plus it will pop the darker tones in your pictures, frames, and other bedroom furnishings.  Love the nailhead/stud trim on any furniture. 

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@ccassaday

For my taste, the hardware (which looks a little darker in the photos you posted than it really is) should go beautifully with any metallic shades from gold to silver to pewter or bronze.  I have a mix of subtle metallic shades throughout my new home and love the look. 

Don't want everything to match precisely.......too boring that way and actually out of style these days, in my opinion.

Thanks. I am defintly going to save those Kelly Rippa pieces. I was figuring price  and for two night stands and the dresser it’s only around $1500. Very good price. I was thinking maybe the tall dresser and one nightstand maybe also. I kind of like that look. Either way it’s a very reasonable price. Can we just move already lol. I will make a trip into Macy’s just to see if they might have it when the weather warms up. I like both collections.

Esteemed Contributor

This is pretty also. I like the look of a taller dresser on one side and a nightstand on the other. Wow who knew Macy’s has such nice furniture.

B8528187-2BD7-4BB1-B037-0F2584E103FE.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday

Here's a close-up of my  "Hayley" dining room buffet cabinet.  Maybe it will help indicate what the color  of that collection looks like. 

IMG_1360.JPG

I like the "art deco" styling of the set, with its rounded corners.  These are substantial pieces of furniture and much better-built than most of the things I've seen out in the marketplace .

Yep, who knew Macy's was a great place to look for furniture?  I shopped for new furniture  for an entire year and just stumbled on the idea of looking at Macy's website.  Should have gotten some of my other new items there,too.

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@ccassaday

Here's a close-up of my  "Hayley" dining room buffet cabinet.  Maybe it will help indicate what the color  of that collection looks like. 

IMG_1360.JPG

I like the "art deco" styling of the set, with its rounded corners.  These are substantial pieces of furniture and much better-built than most of the things I've seen out in the marketplace .

Yep, who knew Macy's was a great place to look for furniture?  I shopped for new furniture  for an entire year and just stumbled on the idea of looking at Macy's website.  Should have gotten some of my other new items there,too.

That is really pretty. 😃 Who knows I might end up with the same furniture😃

Esteemed Contributor

Do you think that the buffet table would work as a dresser tv stand. If I got the tall dresser I wouldnt need more drawers. I like the top drawers in the buffet table. I can put my head phones and glasses in there. Nice place where I can reach them. I just like the look of that buffet table with the drawers.