Trusted Contributor

Have never ordered from Wayfair but saw some furniture I liked and have been wondering if they are a good site to order from or not. Anyone had experience with them, good or bad?

Esteemed Contributor

Do you know how wide the shelf’s are on that buffet table. If you had someone that knew what they were doing do you think that you could drill a hole in the back so your tv receiver could sit in there.

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

Have never ordered from Wayfair but saw some furniture I liked and have been wondering if they are a good site to order from or not. Anyone had experience with them, good or bad?

The bed I posted in first post on this thread is from wayfair. Had found others I like but couldn’t get s straight sheer if they could be used with a adjustable base. This one I posted says you can. If it is still there I am going to order it. There stuff gets pretty good reviews and they have great customer service. If something arrives broke they don’t even ask to send it back. They just send a new one most of the time. I have ordered curtains from them and am very pleased.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday   The color linen is an off white.  There is off white furniture that would beautifully compliment the bed.  I would not mix with really dark colored furniture.  Cat Very Happy  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ccassaday   The color linen is an off white.  There is off white furniture that would beautifully compliment the bed.  I would not mix with really dark colored furniture.  Cat Very Happy  

I defintly wouldn’t go dark. I don’t think it would look right with my mint green comforter and curtains.

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday

Thank you, good to know.  I love the bed you have chosen.  Have fun decorating your room!

Esteemed Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@ccassaday

Here's a close-up of my  "Hayley" dining room buffet cabinet.  Maybe it will help indicate what the color  of that collection looks like. 

IMG_1360.JPG

I like the "art deco" styling of the set, with its rounded corners.  These are substantial pieces of furniture and much better-built than most of the things I've seen out in the marketplace .

Yep, who knew Macy's was a great place to look for furniture?  I shopped for new furniture  for an entire year and just stumbled on the idea of looking at Macy's website.  Should have gotten some of my other new items there,too.

Do you think that would work as a tv stand. And if someone was handy would they be able to drill a hole in the back so your tv reiceiver could sit on the shelf. That is if the shelf is wide enough.

Esteemed Contributor

This is so funny. My parents went out just to look at furniture. They ended up at Macy’s. They found everything there. Ha Ha. Some gorgeous stuff. I don’t think though they are buying until we move and get settled.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

So I found this bed on wayfair. I like it better then the wood ones I have seen. But what color of dresser and nightstand would you do. I was thinking a dark expresso but not sure. I was wanting something lighter in color.  The bed color is described as linen.

AE19F560-6E3B-4B58-B732-E3DA05B97D33.jpeg

@ccassaday  This is a lovely bed. I love the softness of it and the airy feeling.

I would definitely go with a lighter feel for the entire bedroom. How restful that would be!

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I also noticed comments about cleaning mirrored furnitture.  I don't have any problems as I use the handles to open the drawers.  I have had NO problems, I dust as with any furniture but I don't really touch the dresser unless I'm getting something so I don't have fingerprints.  Also I have no kids in the house so that is a factor.

I hope the original poster visits a pier one or Z gallerie and checks out mirrored furniture in person.  It looks reallly nice..

That mirrored furniture  posted above is from pier1. It would make it easier to return because we have two stores here if it did arrive damage.

Great news, I love pier 1 and I have personally seen their mirrored furniture, you WILL be pleased!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!