Honored Contributor

Re: Bed, Bath, and Beyond- Bankruptcy

The closest one to us closed years ago.  I loved that store now it's hour drive to the closest one and I haven't been in over a year.

I still collect the coupons though...

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I went seriously shopping today for the first tine since the pandemic.  TJ Maxx had rearranged the store with many empty shelves and empty racks clustered in the center of the store.  Same thing with Ross Dress for Less.  

Big Lots had stuff, but I was looking for luggage and nobody was around to ask.  Wasn't in the mood to wander.  Burlington Coat Factory (where I am loathe to shop after an incident many years ago) had a selection of off-brand luggage I'd never heard. of and some of their aisles looked empty also. 

@cindyNC 

I think the huge challenge for some retailers is why even bother stocking the stores well if most people order online?   

Merchandise sitting on shelves in Oshkosh would probably be better left in the warehouses, so it could be shipped more quickly to someone ordering online.

So ... that leaves them with stores that look deserted.

Respected Contributor

This store has been struggling for at least five years. 
I used to love shopping there. They carried a great selection of merchandise. But after a while, I could find the same products cheaper even with their coupons. 

Respected Contributor

I got an email 3 weeks ago that our locsl BB&B was closing, it's a shame but not a surprise...our local Rite Aid, Walgreens, Pizza Hut, Ace Hardware, Walmart & more have closed too. Things have gone from bad to worse in 2 years & nothing good is ahead.

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC    Try Kohl's for luggage.  That's what I got on my once only trip into that store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

BB&B got caught up in a stock market scam where it was super-hyped to push up its stock price, and then it crashed. That was the beginning of the end.

Honored Contributor

There is one store left in my town, but, it seems the parking lot is always empty no matter what time of day/night.

Happy Friday Good Morning The Weekend Awaits

Trusted Contributor

It's very sad, but I'm not surprised.

I used to love going there and I went all the time.  It had everything I needed and more.  When I bought my house a few years ago, I shopped there for everything.  I bought linens, towels, kitchen items, bathroom sets, pictures/wall hangings for various rooms of the house, plates, etc. Now I don't shop there at all.

We still have one not far from my house, but I don't think there are any others around.  It's sad because it was always the "go-to" store for all of a person's home needs.  Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to go anymore if I needed all of those things.  Target doesn't really have the vast and unique selection that BBB had.  Maybe HomeGoods or a place like that.

Super Contributor

Our Home Goods is running thinner on merchandise. There has been a slowdown in manufacturing goods globally. I was reading about this the other day. 

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

Never cared for B,B&B. They never had new and current items in their stores! Everything was old worn out styles of the past. Yuck. That's the last place I would go. Other stores are so much better. 

"Pure Michigan"