Honored Contributor

😢😢😢Bed Bath & Beyond -- Our Store "Closing"

Went to pick up a few OXO storage containers & sad to see "Store Closing" signs.

This is the closest one and the other w/in 1 hour drive closed years ago.

This is my fav go to store for most kitchen/home items.  The salesclerk told me they aren't taking any 

"expired" coupons and sales final.

This whole area is becoming "shopping" depressed.  Our closest mall only has a Bath & Body Works, TJ Maxx (soon closing) and

Dillard's Outlet.  There are many small unknown stores in there -- most are closing.

Then the "strip malls" which had Pier 1, Hallmark, Burlington,etc. in the area are slowly closing.  It's rumored closest Kohl's is closing soon.

It's sad to see store after store and family owned restaurants in this area closing.  Sadder the people losing their jobs especially since they aren't that well paid to start.

I will certainly miss BB&B.  

Honored Contributor

Re: 😢😢😢Bed Bath & Beyond -- Our Store "Closing"

Its like a ghost town of stores isn't it?

And we might not notice it until we venture out.

I feel so sorry for people who are worried about getting kicked out of their rental home or having their home foreclose and no place to go, and no money from no jobs to pay any bills or buy enough food.

I wish we could just have helicopters all around the US to deliver food, and anything.

One state had a non profit organization buy a hotel to house the homeless! Now that is innovation and so good.

When I think about the differences in the way people live, all over the world, it is astounding and so disturbing and sad.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Without getting too specific, what area of the country is this? I'm sorry to hear of all of the closures.  

Honored Contributor

West Coast area above Tampa, FL suburbs-- and in our area w/in 10-15 miles they have built thousands of homes (master communities) by buying up all the farmland.

Our roads are jammed and it's getting worse for animals as they take away their habitat☹️☹️. We are seeing more panthers, bobcats and more roaming our golf course (I live on golf course) -- just waiting for the beautiful woods behind me to be destroyed for housing--

The stores cannot survive I'm sure because this once booming area is now changing fast. Not my area but where this mall and strip malls are located (about 20 min. from me).

Just sad.  Last week my son, gd & I went to well known park & area where many homeless stay.  My son likes to do "life lessons" with her since she's virtual learning (most days it 1/2 day).  They made 50 pb&j sandwiches, bought big box of chips, case of water.  We made brownies.  Wrapped & Bagged them and handed them out to less fortunate -- it was a uplifting moment to remind all of us this could be us one day.

Trusted Contributor

The one Bed Bath and Beyond in my town is getting ready to close too. I feel so bad about it as most of the employees have been long term. Plus it was the one store I could go to and usually find just what I was looking for plus use a coupon. I sure hate to see them go, I have bought many things there over the years. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 In the past as the new communities were built, the national chains also moved in.  I’m pessimistic that will be the new normal.  Except for dinosaurs like me, the rush to online grows more frenzied by the week.

BBB is the only store still functioning in a once busy strip mall near me, but for how long?  My fingers are crossed-for me and the workers

Regular Contributor

The BBB in my area is actually moving about a mile away from the location its at now.  There will be a BBB and BuyBuyBaby right next door also.  It's going into an old Toys R Us location. It's scheduled to open in January. Also in that strip mall is a Harmons.  Sorry that they are closing in your area. It is a great store.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    great life lesson for your granddaugher, you have a good son.

....I do not like online shopping so if all b & m stores close, I am in trouble.

...and today I wanted to register for Christmas Eve service at church...I went on line to hold our spot and I need to give my cell number so that I can get a 'code'....hmmm...my cell phone does not have data, it only rings.  Now I have to call the church...more signs of the times.

Trusted Contributor

Mine closed too and I miss it terribly.  However, it is not fair to blame the pandemic excusively.  In Jan. 2020 they were already in deep trouble and announced 40 closings.

Apparently they were not staying competitive with other major chains.  My store was always busy when I was in - usually once a week - so it is hard to understand their failure to thrive.  I expect corporate mismanagement was a factor.

Esteemed Contributor

So many names are going to be missing when we finally are able to go out and about.  Wonder what the new world will look like?  It is going to strange.