Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I like the room and the wood.

I would take out all the furniture and decor and start over again with a lighter more airy decorated room.

I think that would highlight the beautiful wood and room itself.

@DREAMON  I would do the same as you.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the wood and the furnishings to me fit the intricate wood. I could sink into the couch and spend the day reading or doing needlework. I don't see clutter, I see family treasures and a loved lived in room. 

Respected Contributor

The wood is warm and lovely, but for heaven's sake, clear off some of the stuff on that coffee table!

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I can appreciate others' appreciation for this room.

But, for me, way too much wood.  It's too cluttered, formal & claustrophobic to me.  I do like the door/window, but that's it.

Thank you for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

@wilma  Love it! Just beautiful room.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful Wood

[ Edited ]

The wood is beautiful, but there needs to be more contrast -----the color chosen for the furniture makes it all blend in together....So I'ed get different furniture and add some color for contrast and and I dont care for the coffee table with the clutter either....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Beautiful Wood

[ Edited ]

The wood is lovely and some of the furnishings are too, but it's all very tonal. A jolt of a color other than brown would do wonders for this space.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

STUNNING!!!!

Honored Contributor

Too much wood for my taste.  Very formal and I prefer light, comfortable and contemporary.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

That wood is just so mellow, and well-cared-for and 'burnished'.   Makes you want to run your fingers over it.

Fabulous!