Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This is an unusually pretty beach house that I like because it's tastefully done without a plethora of shells, rope and plastic crabs.  I'm not a fan of anything having to do with the ocean, being a mountain girl.  With a few minor alterations, I could make it contemporary Southwestern. 

@Kachina624 

Me too, prefer the mountains and streams not an ocean or beach person.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I can almost hear the ocean. What a beautifully decorated place. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Beach Cottage Love

[ Edited ]

96E19D0C-D985-4777-B629-A5E727EAEA13.jpeg

@ECBG 

Love floor and ceiling. Not loving the wall color or furnishings.

CC567E2D-C2E5-447C-B1E2-726110822AB3.jpeg

@jubilant 

I like this one best, although I'd scale back the number of beach items. A bit too many decorative things sitting around for me. 

Respected Contributor

I'm definitely in the minority here, but to me, this is just too stark and sterile, and the wall color and dark floor are too jarring.  To each her own! 

Respected Contributor

Hi @ECBG 

Thank you for your offer of help.  And I did check out your home post of 2017.  Nice & comfy cozy.  Love the fireplace & Dickens setting.  You really put the meaning of Christmas in your home.  Thanks for sharing.

As for our home, we do use sofa & chair covers.  The dog sheds a lot & one of my cats lifts the cover & buries herself under it to nap.  DH only puts up a very small Christmas tree with not many decorations (don't want to take a chance with the cats.)  I've had to eliminate having  plants, etc. in our home because of them.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Super Contributor

So pretty!!  I'd love to know that paint color