Honored Contributor

Post pretty beach cottage decor you love!

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

So sweet. Love the corner hammock. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

I don't need to, you did it for me!  Woman Very Happy

Love the combo of colors & furnishings.  But, I think I'd need to add a few other pops of color to break up all the blues (my favorite color); perhaps pale yellow, coral, etc.  After I make a few changes, I'll nap on the hammock.

Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t care for the color on the walls & I don’t care for the furniture except for the hammock ... the other furniture just doesn’t look “beach-ie” to me ⛱🏖

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@ECBG 

I don't need to, you did it for me!  Woman Very Happy

Love the combo of colors & furnishings.  But, I think I'd need to add a few other pops of color to break up all the blues (my favorite color); perhaps pale yellow, coral, etc.  After I make a few changes, I'll nap on the hammock.

Thanks for sharing.

@sceniccoast 

So happy you love this room.  I taught Interior Design and wrote curriculum. 

Still work with color at a national "boutique".

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

It appears you have the ideal job that you love doing.  I could use some lessons in creating my ideal "beach cottage" style home .. that's "pet friendly."  Woman Frustrated  

DH & I still want new living room furniture but all I see is our large black lab sneaking to sleep on the sofa, keep wrecking the recliner, & our 2 cats clawing their way up on my recliners in the sunroom to jump to their cat towers.  Oh, well, so goes life in our "pet run" home.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast 

Happy to help.  

I use a couch cover for our big American Bulldog.   You can also cover chairs.  I "open" the uhlpolstered pieces for company. 

On another note, we'll have to use a gate around the Christmas tree.  I don't know about cats, lol!  Maybe water guns?

I prefer Cosy Craft couches and chairs since they're SO 

comfortable.

Let me know any time how I may help.Smiley Happy

If you put "Here's My Country Christmas" in the search box, you'll see my house.

Honored Contributor

The beach house looks so relaxing! @ECBG I just took a look at the Christmas pictures.  I could get comfortable really fast in your home. Mixing antiques with newer pieces is something I love to see.

Honored Contributor

Love the wall color, definitely a beach house color!  All in all a lovely room!

Honored Contributor

This is an unusually pretty beach house that I like because it's tastefully done without a plethora of shells, rope and plastic crabs.  I'm not a fan of anything having to do with the ocean, being a mountain girl.  With a few minor alterations, I could make it contemporary Southwestern. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment