Honored Contributor

Re: Be careful when buying a couch

@GSPgirl wrote:

I love my Lazy boy recliners, but I never thought of buying a couch there, too.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Also, has anyone ever bought a couch from Pottery Barn?  I wondered if they last and are good quality? 

@GSPgirl  We bought one from them for the upstairs and love it.  The material is very nice and it "sits" great.  It hasn't had heavy use yet, but is comfortable and was a great price, and delivey was very good.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm in the market for new living room furniture.

The best sofa I ever had was a Clayton Marcus, I think I bought it from a department store.   it was a display model.    

Valued Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

I love my Lazy boy recliners, but I never thought of buying a couch there, too.  Thanks for the recommendation.  Also, has anyone ever bought a couch from Pottery Barn?  I wondered if they last and are good quality? 

I've bought couches from Pottery Barn and haven't encountered any issues with it. I have the down-filled cushions and on rare occasions a feather might poke through, but nothing to be alarmed about. I've had my current set of furniture for last five years, and my prior living room set lasted over 10 years. I was able to donate it to a friend who is still using it. 

Respected Contributor

I buy Lazy Boy but have no recliners, they think this store has recliners but I buy couches  ottomans & chairs. Had recliners & DH broke them so lazy boy isn't just about recliners. You can pick your fabric & wait 6 weeks then even sell beds too. Yes it's not cheap but great value. Lasts for a long time. Ashley, American furniture is cheaper my DD would scream if she went to lazy boy too much for her budget. I love lazy boy.

Esteemed Contributor

FlexSteel makes excellent, durable couches and has a huge array of fabrics, leathers or cover choices, feet, styles, etc. They also have matching loveseats, chairs and ottomans. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I bought a chaise lounge in 2014.  Come to find out, it was designed for commercial spaces and man it is rugged (but good looking).  Even my shepherd's long nails can't penetrate the upholstery and the platform it sits on is tight.

Bought it from Bassett, on line.  It's basically a sofa with no back.  I didn't want to block my front windows.  Love it.

fullsizeoutput_164.jpeg

Are u sure that’s not s dog bed ! That’s a great idea , I don’t think I have seen one of those .  I have a 90 lb gsd who enjoys the couch too.

Respected Contributor

@LilLadyNJ wrote:
@GSPgirl wrote:

I've bought couches from Pottery Barn and haven't encountered any issues with it. I have the down-filled cushions and on rare occasions a feather might poke through, but nothing to be alarmed about. I've had my current set of furniture for last five years, and my prior living room set lasted over 10 years. I was able to donate it to a friend who is still using it. 

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@GSPgirl  My sister bought a couch from Pottery Barn a couple of years ago.  They are a family of four with a dog and lots of company.  The slipcover didn't hold up well.  She called Pottery Barn, and they said they had discontinued that fabric because there were so many complaints.  They sent her an upgraded replacement cover at no charge.  It was a grade higher than what she originally purchased.  The couch itself and the new cover have held up well.  It's two or three years old.

Thank you!  Good to know they stood by their product. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

awwwwww isn't he a black darlin'

my favorite is the pugs, but, I'm to old now and all I can do to maintain myself and a husband and a house to be responsible for a pug. LOL

@SharkE

I LOVE PUGS!

My mom had a beautiful black pug for 13 years. They are the sweetest dogs ever. 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE

Thank you for the information.  The bottom of the sofa I don't think is considered by most of us when purchasing. 

I've been reading good reviews of LazyBoy & am considering for future replacements for our livingroom.  Our 3 pets have really damaged our current pieces thru the years.  It's embarrassing when we have company (but they all understand.)