Trusted Contributor

Battery life  update on the porcelin bells.  I received my bells on July 28th and put the batteries in that day.  They have been on timer ever since and I see that they have started to fade in the past couple of days but still are lighting up. 

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

Battery life  update on the porcelin bells.  I received my bells on July 28th and put the batteries in that day.  They have been on timer ever since and I see that they have started to fade in the past couple of days but still are lighting up. 

JPC

I think getting 4 weeks of battery power out of these bells is pretty great considering they  are running on 3 AAA batteries with a 6 hour timer.  Valerie's Mosaic Sphere run on 3 AAA batteries with a 4 hour timer, and I would have to change the batteries every 10 days.  I finally put those away, because it was so annoying.  I use a lot of microlights around the holidays that run on 3 AA batteries, and they have to et switched out at least every two weeks.  If I can put batteries in my bells a week before Thanksgiving, switch them out halfway through December, and have them last until I take Christmas down in early-mid January, I'd consider that a good purchase.

Honored Contributor

Makes me wonder if Valerie's illumination phase is underwritten by Eveready and Duracell.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Makes me wonder if Valerie's illumination phase is underwritten by Eveready and Duracell.

I hear ya, but I think your sentence could just as easily read:

Makes me wonder if Valerie's QVC's illumination phase is underwritten by Eveready and Duracell.  Have the lights made their way to bedding yet?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy and @PeterDM, That sounds good to me.  Not bad at all for AAA batteries.  Thanks for letting us know, JPC. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Battery Update

[ Edited ]

JPC; I also got about 30 days using Walmart's RAYOVAC batteries.  The price is excellent & they truly do compete with the much pricier ENERGIZER.  I am to this day over-the-moon thrilled with these bells!  They will be the perfect staff/friends/me gifts.  I am almost done testing 9 sets & so far, all are winners.  Hope all is well with you!

Respected Contributor

Personally, I LOVE all the illuminated objects - inside and out.  But the battery drain is just too much and too pricely.  I've given it up.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

JPC

I think getting 4 weeks of battery power out of these bells is pretty great considering they  are running on 3 AAA batteries with a 6 hour timer.  Valerie's Mosaic Sphere run on 3 AAA batteries with a 4 hour timer, and I would have to change the batteries every 10 days.  I finally put those away, because it was so annoying.  I use a lot of microlights around the holidays that run on 3 AA batteries, and they have to et switched out at least every two weeks.  If I can put batteries in my bells a week before Thanksgiving, switch them out halfway through December, and have them last until I take Christmas down in early-mid January, I'd consider that a good purchase.

@PeterDM...I am very happy with the battery life on them with them using 3AAA.  It seems like my microlights use up batteries really fast.  Don't remember for sure but dont think I am lucky enough to get 2 weeks worth out of them but they sure look nice where I use them.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy and @PeterDM, That sounds good to me.  Not bad at all for AAA batteries.  Thanks for letting us know, JPC. 

@SHOPR...You are more than welcome SHOPR.  I probably would have replaced them sooner but just curious on exactly how long they will go before dying but guess it doesn't make any difference as they are dim enough right now that I would change them out.

I am happy with what I am getting out of them and as PeterDM say, if we just have to change once during the holidays, that is good.

JPC

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

JPC; I also got about 30 days using Walmart's RAYOVAC batteries.  The price is excellent & they truly do compete with the much pricier ENERGIZER.  I am to this day over-the-moon thrilled with these bells!  They will be the perfect staff/friends/me gifts.  I am almost done testing 9 sets & so far, all are winners.  Hope all is well with you!

@BornToShop...I will have to give the Rayovac a try BTS.  We use, Duracell in everything.  Mr Crazy thinks they are the best.  I also love these bells and bought a couple for gifts and a couple for me.  I am just as thrilled now as I was the day I received them.

Doing good BTS and hope you are too and not too busy at work.

JPC