Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz...the 2nd picture is what I have...the small one fits perfectly inside my tub drain....works like a charm!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Nightowlz...the 2nd picture is what I have...the small one fits perfectly inside my tub drain....works like a charm!

@Mom2Dogs Thx. I will pick one up to try. The one I use now stops a lot of hair from going down the drain but not all of it since DH just snaked it last month.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bathtub Cleaning Tip

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Nightowlz...I have short hair, and only wash it 2-3 times a week.  We were having issues with the drain running slow...I purchased an inexpensive (dollar store) screen for a sink...it fits perfectly in the opening in my tub, I am amazed at the amount of hair that this screen catches...you might try using something similar.  I put one in my husband's shower as well...he says the same thing about the amount of hair that it catches.

@Mom2Dogs I already have one like this.

Image result for peerless tub screen to catch hair

Thinking about trying one like this.

Image result for peerless tub screen to catch hair

I had the mesh type in our tub for a long time, but when it developed a fray in the mesh that hurt when handling, I upgraded to this one from Amazon.  It's sleek stainless steel and while the holes are a bit bigger than the mesh, it catches so much, and it's quick to clean out. 

Check measurements to be sure the size you're getting because I see that there are lots of sellers of this and similar ones.  

Heavy-Duty Sink Strainer 18/10 Stainless Steel

Price:$6.29 & FREE Shipping