Respected Contributor

Re: Bathroom cabinet (under sink) - what to put ?

[ Edited ]

In the under-sink cabinet in both my kitchen and bath, I use this rotating turntable by Fridge Binz that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond. It keeps everything in place with easy access. It's about 12" in diameter, so it holds a lot. Very convenient.

35923042129547p.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

If you can avoid having extras of things it's half the battle.  I have cleaning supplies and towels stored and I have too much of both.  I have an extra cabinet for toiletries too.  All are full.  I don't think I have paired down enough. 

Honored Contributor

I put a good sized lazy susan in the cabinet under my bathroom sink where I have stashed some large bottles of lotion, mouthwash...stuff like this. It makes it easier for me to get to back items otherwise would be digging around trying to find stuff. On the other end of the cabinet there is another lazy susan with a few cleaning supplies.

lazy-susan-gh.jpg

Valued Contributor

Not my bathroom but kitchen sink.  I use one of these sliding two tiered shelves to make use of the verticle space and make grabbing things much easier.  The top tier is only a half shelf so it can clear the drain pipe on the one side.  I plan to install something like this for at least one of my bathrooms.  Bought on Amazon.IMG_3179.JPGIMG_3180.JPGIMG_3181.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is why I love these boards - I would have never thought of a lazy Susan or the vertical shelving system.  The stacking bins I have there now are small not these shown here.

I don't keep much under my bathroom sink cabinets (I have 2).  I think that might be my next "organizing" project.  Most of my excess is on a shelving system in my master closet - no linen closet. I never paid attention to that when I bought the house.

Thank you home posters for always good ideas & solutions! 

Happy weekend!

Honored Contributor

We have a large cabinet with storage underneath and drawers on one end.

My side of cabinet (in medium storage basket):  hair spray, conditioner, shampoo, styling products, hair dryer, curling iron, nail polish and remover, cotton balls

His side:  razor, shaving supplies, tooth brush and paste, mouth wash, shampoo

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Well, because I checked in here this Sunday morning, and have been so frustrated with the cabinet under my kitchen sink, I'm now headed upstairs to clean it out! This forum can be so motivating!

I don't have a lazy susan right now, but you can bet I'm picking up at least one and give it a try under one of the cabinets. What a great idea!

Super Contributor

Just got home, turned on the Q and they are selling K-44778, StoreMore set of 2 adjustable shelves. They just showed using them under the kitchen sink. I think the price was $19.99, it just went off.

Personally I am now enamored with the lazy susan idea. Cabinet space in both kitchen and bath is minimal in this condo--seems like a good way to get the most function out of that space.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

I put in toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and extra bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and hand soap. 

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio 

LAZY SUSAN'S R US! 

A Home Organizer type friend of mine suggested using  LS  in my tall deep  FRIDGE !   ??

I put one in the back left corner and back right corner TOP shelf!   TA DA!!  I keep short to medium size jars on these spinnys by  OXO. They have a slight edge/lip so jars do not slide off. 

I also have a LARGE spinner in the pantry that is by RubberMaid and smaller ones in HIGH cabinet on the second and top shelf.   Love those spinny lazy susans!  

CAT