Honored Contributor

Re: Bathroom cabinet (under sink) - what to put ?

not much 

I have stacking shelving system & baskets.

my hair stuff in basket, extra shampoo, makeup and travel bag in mine. 

His: nothing but a shaver & supplies. Cleaning product & roll of paper towel.

Respected Contributor

Towels.  It's easy to keep this area clean.  I usethe extra space in  my linen closet for sheets, medicines, cosmetics, hair dryer, etc.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was really helpful to read your replies.  Thanks, everybody.  It's a smaller living space so I'm hoping to consolidate as much of those bathroom/linen closet items as possible.  For some reason, I never thought to put the trash can in there.  For smaller bathrooms, especially, that might be something to try!

At the moment, nothing is really grouped and that space is generally underutilized.  We'll see how it goes with the de-cluttering/organization!

And, I know the question may have seemed basic; but your replies were very helpful.  All good sugguestions!

Thanks again!!

Esteemed Contributor

TP, Lysol wet wipes, Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, Khloe's shampoo and conditioner and Febreze spray and windex with roll of paper towels

Honored Contributor

The master bathroom has two vanities with open storage underneath and a row of drawers.  Shampoo, conditioner, shave cream, nail polish remover, face wash, cream, etc.  Small things go in the drawers.  Cleaning supplies are stored on the floor of the linen closet.  I am fortunate space isn't an issue.  Last house had a pedestal sink with a small medicine cabinet.

Valued Contributor

I keep my Josie Maran,  Philosophy  and my Laura Geller products, in a couple nice floral boxes. I have a little extra stash of each one. I gave the hubby a couple drawers for his items. LOL! 

Honored Contributor

Since no drawer there, I take a plastic tub (which can be used for foot soaking) and put cleaners, and brushes in it. I can pull the tub out to get what I want, like it's a drawer. 

@Julie_23

Honored Contributor

Pull out shelves are a blessing in any small area or big one. Our kitchen had them and we added them in the bathrooms
Honored Contributor

Our master bath cabinet is very large - my DH also put a second shelf under there so we have a ton of stuff under there. A bin that holds 12 rolls of toilet paper. First aid kit. Cleaning supplies. Extra soap, shampoo, razors and shave foam. A jewelry cleaning kit.Extra kleenex.Hair dryer and curler.

I keep everything that will fit  in plastic shoe box size bins so if I need something I can just pull out the bin. The first aid kit is large so it is stand alone. 

Respected Contributor

I live alone in an apartment, so I don't have any "permanent" storage solutions under the sink.  My arms are short, so everything is stored toward the front so I can access it easily.  I have two canvas cubes under there on either side...one holds my hot rollers, heated styler, some extra packs of cotton swabs, cotton balls, etc.  The one on the other side holds my hair dryer.  The space in between is where I put a large container of shower spray, bleach, Clorox wipes, and toilet bowl cleaner.  I keep extra toilet paper and tissues on a repurposed little metal and wood telephone stand against the wall...the top shelf holds a pretty metal basket with my multitude of different sized hair brushes.

All my other "extras" are in the hallway linen closet....since it's just me, I don't have a ton of sheets/towels anymore, so there's plenty of room.  The shelves are deep but same rules apply for my short arms...everything is at the front!!!