Valued Contributor

Bathroom cabinet (under sink) - what to put ?

In your bathroom cabinet (under sink), what do you keep there?

Looking to organize / de-clutter cabinet and it would be helpful to hear what items you have grouped in that area specifically.

And, outside of using "baskets" to group items, any other suggestions?  I've seen some people do stacked, plastic bins to group things and use more of the vertical space.

Many thanks for any replies!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bathroom cabinet (under sink) - what to put ?

TP, cleaning supplies.  DH stores magazines in his!

In mine, I also keep contact lenses and back-up stash of Philosophy.  No baskets or bins, just neatly arranged.

I just don't keep much in there, and I try to make the stuff I need regularly, accessible and near the front.  There's some un-used space in there; I don't mind.  I guess I could store more in there but it doesn't seem logical to keep anything but bathroom related items there.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Spare toilet paper, a plunger (just in case) a few cleaning supplies, and a couple of jumbo bottles of refill bathroom items that don't fit in the everyday bathroom cabinets.  Granddaughter keeps a stash of pads in there.  I use one plastic coated wire rack to stack some items above/below on one side of the cabinet.

I've often thought that's where I should hide my stash of cash since nobody else seems to look in there either for cleaning supplies or a new roll of toilet paper LOL

Respected Contributor

We just gutted and remodeled our bathroom.  We went from doors under the sink to deep drawers.  I have all the creams and make up that I use ongoing in my 2 drawers.  I keep my make up in 2 caddies with handles, so I just lift them out when I do my make up in the morning and everything is in them.  I also have everything sectioned off with all my creams, cleansers, and potions!!!!   The top draw also has a couple of trays with my lipsticks and lip pencils.  I absolutely love the organization and how easy it is to get to everything.  This works MUCH BETTER for me than the doors.

Let us know what you do.

Respected Contributor

When I refinished my bathroom cabinet, I took the door off, filled in and sanded the holes, painted the cabinet, then found a basket that would fit perfectly inside the space.  I put only my hair dryer, hair wand, etc only in there. 

Trusted Contributor

Makeup train case, hair styling appliances nail polish remover, and first aid items.

Honored Contributor

We have very tiny bathrooms, and NO other cabinets in them except for the ones under the small sink vanity. We do have a medicine chest/mirror over each sink, so to start with, all medicinal things must fit in those cabinets. I don't want the medication, deodorant, toothpaste, band aids, etc. taking up the little space under the sink. I also don't like things sitting out (make up, toiletries etc.) so I have learned to keep things as simple in the bathroom as possible, and I'm cleaning out the medicine cabinet and the cabinet under the sink constantly.

For me, we have no linen closets in or near the bathrooms, so I keep a stack of towels and wash cloths in the cabinet, extra TP, my hair dryer, brush and comb, feminine hygiene things, and mouth wash (too tall for the medicine cabinet).

For me, baskets or containers just take up too much of the precious space under there, and complicate things even more. I don't wear any makeup, and have very few lotions and potions, but I can see where containerizing those things would be necessary for some people. 

Cleaning products for the bathrooms are kept in the spare bathroom as the cabinet is slightly bigger and doesn't have to hold towels since no one bathes there on any regular basis. 

This is one of my most congested areas, and one the worse for easily accessing what I need. We just don't have the linen storage space that I'd like to have in a house this size. So I just fumble through it.

Super Contributor

In my bathroom, I have a large lazy susan, that spins.  I keep bathroom cleaners(2), purity bottle, and a extra TP and a trash can.  Thats it.  Anything more goes in the hall linen closet.  

Honored Contributor

Our master BR vanity is about 5ft across so it is a lot of storage space. My DH added another shelf so I have 2 tiers of storage in there. I keep everything under there in plastic bins to keep it organized. First aid kit, soaps , shampoos and bath oils, extra supplies of things we use in the BR like toothpaste, hair products, razors , deodorant etc. Cleaning supplies. A large bin with toilet paper. A bin with the recharging cords for our electric razors & toothbrushes. Extra kleenex.I keep an extra empty bin right under the drain pipe to catch the water if that pipe would ever leak.

Valued Contributor

Feminine products, flat iron, hot rollers, blow dryer, toilet paper, trash can, bar soap, bag of cotton balls, and a bin for extra misc. junk.