Super Contributor

Bath and Body works Candle Sale

Saturday, December 7 is BBW big candle sale. Candles are $9.50 this year. I always go and stock up on the Christmas and fall scents. They will open early tomorrow. Last year, I got there at 9:00 and the stores wasn't bad at all. This year, I see the store is opening at 6:00. One of the locations will be opening at 1:00 am!! I will show up between 8 and 9. If the line is out the door, I will leave and try the other location that has been open most of the night. The limit is 15 but I have seen people with multiple crates of candles. I hope they will let me make two different purchases because I have two coupons to use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bath and Body works Candle Sale

I bought candles and foaming hand soaps there online on sale a couple of weeks ago.  I stock up on the soaps every year, candles not so much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

It's not worth the hassle of fighting through the crowds and waiting in line. I remember when these candles were $10 on any given week, and they were $5 on candle day. I'm talking about 5 or 6 years ago, not decades ago. If the only coupon they're offering is $10 off $40, then at $9.50/candle, you have to buy more than 4 candles to take advantage of the deal. That's not a great deal.

Trusted Contributor

as soon as the sale starts.. im there... last yr. i remember within about 3 hrs almost all candles were gone! my items are already in my cart

Honored Contributor

we went last year when they opened, passing this year 

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower: Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this sale. I missed it last year.  

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb: But, you don't have to wait in line. Shop online, that's my plan! 

Honored Contributor

The store I shop at is never super crowded.  I go every year and it is very worth it.

I plan on getting five candles.   9.50 x 5 = 47.60

I have a coupon for $15 off $40.  47.50-15.00 = 32.50

It will cost me $6.50 each for the candles

and I have a coupon for a free gift up to $13.50 that can be used with the $15 off $40 coupon.

I already have a closet full of candles, but at this price I will get more.  I often give them away as gifts.

Super Contributor

@Carmie That's the coupon I plan to use. I also have a $10 off $30. Last year, the staff let me make two different purchases so I could use both coupons. I plan to buy 8 candles. That stash will last most of the year. I only burn a candle for about 2-3 hours a day.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624  I like the hand soaps also. I purchased 4 a couple of weeks ago when they were $2.50. I wish they carried the nourishing soaps in more scents. They are my favorites. They have a very limited selection of scents.