Trusted Contributor

Re: Bath and Body works Candle Sale

I went to the candle sale at 7 am this morning.  It wasn't too bad, but within a half an hour it was getting crowded.  I knew where the candles were that I wanted so it didn't take me long to make my purchase.  I bought eight candles today.  I got Fresh Balsam, Crushed Candy Cane, Butterscotch Toffee, Creamy Nutmeg, Hot Buttered Rum, Spice, Tis the Season and Mint Chocolate.  I love candles and burn them often.  I had my coupons in hand and it cost me about 6.50 a candle.  I also got a free item today.  Graphite Shower scented body wash for DH.  I am set for awhile!! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

im  hoping for another huge candle sale soon.. since on line was so messed up yest. few yrs back i remember them doing sales for 8.00 candles i would get 15 at a time... if u can put up with huge crowds and long lines its worth going to the store and using coupons.. i just recently boight from another site but b&bw has excellent scents... much better... just wish they did bigger sales through out the yr. love bath n bidy works.. i said before that they need to do reed difussers they would sell huge!! i have to get mine at pier one..

Respected Contributor

I usually don't buy BBW candles. Prefer the wallflower night lights.  But I went to the candle sale and bought 4. I like the balsam smell but wish it would burn to the edges. Seems like a lot of wasted wax.

Esteemed Contributor

@texassunflower 

I saw a news article on this today.  Many were complaining that the website immediately went on overload and most could not place their orders.  Lots of angry customers = not good for sales.

I've not been into one of their stores in years, but I do buy on line.

It's so strange, because I buy regularly, but NEVER get emails on their sales.

I've tried reregistering several times, but they still don't send me anything via email.

Seems crazy to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@TRAVELER wrote:

I usually don't buy BBW candles. Prefer the wallflower night lights.  But I went to the candle sale and bought 4. I like the balsam smell but wish it would burn to the edges. Seems like a lot of wasted wax.

@traveler 

Do you mean there is a burn pattern that looks like this (if this candle was in a glass jar)? 

Image result for three wick candle not burning to the edge

You can remedy that by wrapping aluminum foil around the circumference of the candle. I like to take mine up above the top of the jar. The foil will reflect sufficient heat back down into the jar to melt the wax at the edges. Let it burn that way for at least 30 minutes or however long it takes to get an even pool of melted wax. 

Candle wax has a burn memory. If you don't allow your candle sufficient time to make an even pool of wax on the first burn then the next time you burn the candle it will have the same pattern. I just had to do this for two of mine and it worked perfectly. I hope you try and good luck!