Super Contributor

Re: Bath and Body Works hand soaps

gidget-did you buy some tubes of body scrubs? They are worth paying full price..lol

Respected Contributor

On 11/17/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

I could have posted this in Beauty, but I don't go there too often.

Anyway.... has anyone tried any of the new liquid soaps that they've released for the holidays? They have the usual ones- Twisted Peppermint, Vanilla Bean Noel, etc., that they do every year.

But they also have some new ones this year. I've tried a few and thought I'd pass on my recommendations (or non-recommendation):

Merry Cookie- smells like a Christmas cookie. It's good.

Cherry Almond Shortbread- again, another cookie- smells good.

Raspberry Meringue- don't know that is specifically smells like raspberries, but it's good enough.

Salted Caramel- bought it and returned it. It was SO strong that I had to get out of bed and wash my hands with something else to get the smell off. I thought it reeked of bad perfume.

Mixed Berry Tart- LOVE this soap. They describe it as "red berry tart, orange zest and powdered sugar". I like it so much that I went back and bought several more bottles.

Those of you who know Bath and Body Works know that the minute you find something you like, they discontinue it, so better stock up.

gidget, I went online to B&BW and searched for Mixed Berry Tart liquid soap and it came up with "nothing with that name." What am I doing wrong?

Super Contributor

Those of you who know Bath and Body Works know that the minute you find something you like, they discontinue it, so better stock up.

So true. I liked the antibacterial hand soap and hand cream and they discontinued both. I don't care for any of the scents you listed. I bought the Winter Citrus Wreath, Winter Cranberry, Fresh Sparkling Snow, White Pear and Fig, and Iced Blackberries.

Super Contributor

On 12/11/2014 bigsister said:
I went online to B&BW and searched for Mixed Berry Tart liquid soap and it came up with ""nothing with that name."" What am I doing wrong?

Just type in Mixed Berry Tart and leave off the liquid soap. I typed that in and it came up.

Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 BonnieBelle said:
I went online to B&BW and searched for Mixed Berry Tart liquid soap and it came up with "nothing with that name." What am I doing wrong?

Just type in Mixed Berry Tart and leave off the liquid soap. I typed that in and it came up.

Okay, thanks BonnieBelle, I found it.

Honored Contributor

I could have posted this in Beauty, but I don't go there too often.

Anyway.... has anyone tried any of the new liquid soaps that they've released for the holidays? They have the usual ones- Twisted Peppermint, Vanilla Bean Noel, etc., that they do every year.

But they also have some new ones this year. I've tried a few and thought I'd pass on my recommendations (or non-recommendation):

Merry Cookie- smells like a Christmas cookie. It's good.

Cherry Almond Shortbread- again, another cookie- smells good.

Raspberry Meringue- don't know that is specifically smells like raspberries, but it's good enough.

Salted Caramel- bought it and returned it. It was SO strong that I had to get out of bed and wash my hands with something else to get the smell off. I thought it reeked of bad perfume.

Mixed Berry Tart- LOVE this soap. They describe it as "red berry tart, orange zest and powdered sugar". I like it so much that I went back and bought several more bottles.

gidget, I went online to B&BW and searched for Mixed Berry Tart liquid soap and it came up with "nothing with that name." What am I doing wrong?

Bigsister- I just went and searched and it came up fine. I searched Mixed Berry Tart and it came up. Leave off the "liquid soap" at the end and just search the name. It looks like they only have the foaming soap left, which is what I bought.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Angry Bird said:

gidget-did you buy some tubes of body scrubs? They are worth paying full price..lol

I did! I bought 6 of them- Twisted Peppermint and Vanilla Bean Noel.

Contributor

I like the Salted Caramel and of course the old favorite Twisted Peppermint. But my favorite of the new seasonal scents you didn't even list! Winter Citrus Wreath - wonderful orange scent - love it!

Honored Contributor

I just read on the other B&BW thread that all hand soaps will be $2.50 tomorrow (Saturday).