Honored Contributor

Re: Bath & Body works candles

I picked up some Fall scents a few weeks ago and am disappointed....I love the scents of B&BW candles, BUT I have problems with them not burning evenly and/or drowning wicks!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@bonnie f   I think candles of yore if you will, at bbw were great. They had wonderful very fragrant scents that lasted a long time. They were a different brand too, not what they sell now.

I also like to sniff before I buy my candles. I've never bought online probably won't either. Anymore I don't struggle to find wonderful scents that last in the air.

Honored Contributor

I remember when Bath and Body Works used to be really good, strong candles. This was back when Harry Slatkin was in charge.....Some of the sccents were so strong, I could only burn them for a short while.....

Then recently the scents were ok, but the candles burned poorly, so I haven't been too tempted to try them again.I have moved on to Pure Integrity, and Nest and some Homeworx Candles, also Pier One 3 wicks burn really nice and they are nicely scented and not overpowering......

Respected Contributor

I worked at Yankee Candle one year and liked their scents . But they have been bought and sold so many times you can find them in big box stores.