Honored Contributor

Re: Bath Body Works 3 wick candles went up in price!

I saw that increase too in an email they sent me. Not what I wanted to see.

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2015 dgluvr said:

Actually ALL their product prices have gone up and the candles aren't filled as full as they used to be. The soap containers are smaller than older ones and neither are the body lotions - I have older ones (always hit the sales)- so I noticed when I bought new ones they aren't the same size or amount or price. Still, I'm stuck on them but I have a stock buildup and shouldn't even look at anymore. And the luminaries are ridiculously high priced! One thing that really annoys me is they've changed the shape of their soaps and I had bough the decorative metal covers and they don't fit anymore.

I read online that if you take the old soap sleeves into BBW, they will exchange them at no cost for the new sleeves. Call your local BBW and BBW Corporate.
Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Grade1Teach said:

Honestly, they're crazy!

I have pretty much stopped using BBW candles. The scents are way too strong lately (and not in a good way!). I'm back to YC and have recently started burning Kringle Candles and melts. The scents are so much more pleasing to me.

I have tried Swan Creek Drizzle Melts too. They are wonderful!

I've stopped buying them too. They just don't burn very clean anymore (my pet peeve with candles).
Trusted Contributor

I stopped too. I used to buy loads of these candles when they would go on sale for 2 for $20, and I had lots of the survey coupons that gave you $10 off $30 or more. There are so many other good brands out there. I wondered if I was the only one who jumped ship, but apparently not. I've been enjoying Woodwick candles. They burn a long time and have a great throw.
Respected Contributor

I keep the plastic soap bottles and refill them. No need to buy new metal sleeves.
Honored Contributor

They are still some of my favorite candles. I only purchase when they are on sale and really load up during the semi-annual sales. Also I always have coupons whether I'm buying online or in a store.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I have boxes of them in the closet. I changed over to better homes and garden. I don't burn them, just use the cut up wax in a tart warmer.
Super Contributor

I just discovered goose creek candles and so far everyone I've tried has been on spot scent wise. I used to only buy YC but love these so much more. Website is running a great sale.

Trusted Contributor

I once just couldn't get enough of these candles. Seems the quality went down , while the price went up.

I use to come out of the store , carrying two large shopping bags. Then I would come home and order even more online. Not any longer. I only purchase around the holidays- and not much then.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad