Respected Contributor

Bamboo sheets and pillow cases

Does anyone of you or know anyone that has bamboo sheets and pillow case's? I was looking for the kind we had years ago that had a cool feel to them and I googled them and bamboo sheets and pillow case's came up and they sound really good. My wife use to say who would want bamboo sheets and pillow case's thinking they would be stiff I had her read up on them and she thought they sounded good to.what do you guys think of them? We already ordered 4 pillow case's today on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bamboo sheets and pillow cases

@Pooky1 I have bamboo sheets and pillow cases. I got them at the Sleep Number store when I purchased my mattress. The salesperson recommended them and said they were her favorite sheets. I agree. They are soft and seem to be durable. I ordered my second set from Sleep Number within a couple of weeks of trying the original ones.

I suspect bamboo sheets may come in varying degrees of quality and softness just like other types of sheets. I know the ones at Sleep Number are terrific.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one set of Cariloha bamboo bed sheets and love them.  DH always sleeps with a bamboo pillowcase, even in winter so I have several extra's of those.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi  @On It .. I just looked on the Sleep Number website but can't find any bamboo sheets.   Can you tell what they are called on the website?  TIA

Super Contributor

When in the islands I purchased a set of Cariloha bamboo sheets.  They lasted a couple of years but wildly expensive.  I found a site, "Cosy House" that sells a bamboo blend.  Just as soft and comfortable for 1/4 of the price and have lasted much longer than the Cariloha.

Right now, Cosy House has their Queen size on sale for $59.95.

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi  @On It .. I just looked on the Sleep Number website but can't find any bamboo sheets.   Can you tell what they are called on the website?  TIA

I called the local store because I could not find them either. They said their Lyocell sheets are the closet to bamboo that they currently have. Sorry about the confusion. I do not know if I got Lyocell at that time or if they were bamboo. Whatever they are I really like them.

Contributor

Since I started chemo I have had a terrible time with my skin and anything that comes into contact with my skin needs to be SOFT, SOFT, SOFT otherwise I am not a happy camper.

Over the past year I have purchased numerous sets of bamboo sheets, from very expensive Cozy Earth to inexpensive sheets from Amazon. Hands down, the absolute best bamboo sheets are the Macy's Charter Club Sleep Soft 300 Thread Count Viscose From Bamboo - they are very soft, sleep cool and wear great. I change and wash my bedding at least twice a week, if not more and the Macy's bamboo sheets have held up the best.

Macy's is having a sale this weekend but the prices of bamboo sheets has been lower - I have been able to purchase a set of California King Sheets for about $80.00

Trusted Contributor

I have a set of bamboo sheets from Cozy Earth.  While they are very expensive, I don't mind paying a lot for quality sheets as I am very picky.  I like the sheets but don't love them.  My favorite part is that they stay cool.  I am a hot sleeper and I really like this feature.

What I don't like is that they are slippery.  I like my sheets to be very soft and while these are soft, they are a little too silky feeling for my taste.  The fitted sheet is also constantly coming off the side of the mattress.  I've never had this problem with other sheets.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 A sales person in Pottery Barn told me that the bamboo sheets are often returned. 

Respected Contributor

My only experience with bamboo is with towels.  I bought a bath towel to try out before I bought a set and it was a thumbs down for me.  The towels took forever to dry and where the braided  strip is they puckered badly.  It was a no for me.  LM