Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Backsplash in the kitchen

@Allegheny 

They say for cleaning purpose and wet (spills etc) to NOT put outlets low in a kitchen or bath. It makes sense if you think about it or cook a lot in your kitchen.

We do not own a coffee maker and only plug a toaster in once in a blue moon if someone wants to toast a bagel. So I do not have to worry about the 'look' of cords

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm very confused. You all are saying that you put your outlets up right under the upper cabinets, over the backsplash? I thought a backsplash goes right up to the cabinets. I have never seen outlets set up high. My backsplash is black subway tiles and my regularly placed outlets are virtually invisible. 

I will try to find some more photos

kitchen cabinet outlet near me under t electrical outlets kitchen power strip cabinet outlet under outlets good kitchen warehouse near me

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  That’s where my plugs are. Underneath the cabinets.

Respected Contributor

Image result for outlets under cabinets kitchen

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Do you have the light kit? and if so how do you like it?

I only know one person who has it and she really likes it.  They have them on almost all day every day and they have not had to replace a bulb yet and it has been 6 1/2 yrs.

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I'm very confused. You all are saying that you put your outlets up right under the upper cabinets, over the backsplash? I thought a backsplash goes right up to the cabinets. I have never seen outlets set up high. My backsplash is black subway tiles and my regularly placed outlets are virtually invisible. 

I will try to find some more photos

kitchen cabinet outlet near me under t electrical outlets kitchen power strip cabinet outlet under outlets good kitchen warehouse near me

Oh, I was thinking you were planning something different.   This I definitely like!  I wish it was available when I redid my kitchen 10 years  ago.  

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Do you have the light kit? and if so how do you like it?

I only know one person who has it and she really likes it.  They have them on almost all day every day and they have not had to replace a bulb yet and it has been 6 1/2 yrs.

@Abrowneyegirl  I don’t have the light kit. My husband put round lights, like spotlights, under the cabinets and in the 3 glass cabinets on the peninsula that have doors on both sides. For outlets he wired them in the underneath of the cabinets.

We remodeled the kitchen ourselves although I mostly was just the help. The kitchen is small.