Honored Contributor

Re: Back in stock VPH Illuminated Frosted Finials!

I decided to try some white ones this year, as I love my champagne ones from last year so much.

They arrived with the scene under glass TSV's and I have to say, the white ones are just as stunning as the others.

These are so large, and I think one could easily over do with having too many sets (unless you have a very large house), but if I could get away with it, I'd love to build every color into some vignette somewhere in my house. These are some of the best lit items Valerie has ever done.

And while I often see  things similar to Valerie's offerings out in the Brick and Mortar stores, I haven't seen anything quite like these. Don't know if Valerie got an exclusive on these or not, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Hope anyone still considering will give them a try. I love this time of year because you have so long to make sure they will work for you, before you have to return them. I've come to buy most of my decor items during CIJ, just because of that long return time, and I appreciate Q doing that for us.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I decided to try some white ones this year, as I love my champagne ones from last year so much.

They arrived with the scene under glass TSV's and I have to say, the white ones are just as stunning as the others.

These are so large, and I think one could easily over do with having too many sets (unless you have a very large house), but if I could get away with it, I'd love to build every color into some vignette somewhere in my house. These are some of the best lit items Valerie has ever done.

And while I often see  things similar to Valerie's offerings out in the Brick and Mortar stores, I haven't seen anything quite like these. Don't know if Valerie got an exclusive on these or not, but I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Hope anyone still considering will give them a try. I love this time of year because you have so long to make sure they will work for you, before you have to return them. I've come to buy most of my decor items during CIJ, just because of that long return time, and I appreciate Q doing that for us.

I am so glad you started this thread! I love them too, and would never have considered buying them by just seeing the presentation. They look so expensive lit or unlit.

I don't get so many of the negative reviews complaining they are plastic...*rolls eyes*. It's in the description and mentioned during the presentation, so they surely didn't have to order them...makes my head hurt! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I am so glad you started this thread! I love them too, and would never have considered buying them by just seeing the presentation. They look so expensive lit or unlit.

I don't get so many of the negative reviews complaining they are plastic...*rolls eyes*. It's in the description and mentioned during the presentation, so they surely didn't have to order them...makes my head hurt! LOL

I'm guessing that they are really purists about plastic things, because I don't see how anyone coming in your home would ever think these anything but glass, unless they actually picked them up and handled them, Even then, it might take them awhile to tell. 

I have the glass finials from last year, and so many people reviewed them, swearing they were plastic (only the bases were, if I remember correctly) and they were truly made of glass. So there you go, people can't tell what is glass and what is not, and seem to complain either way!

Glad you reconsidered these and are liking them as much as I do!

Honored Contributor

Valerie presented these this morning, and said that two colors are sold out, and would try to get them back, which usually means that she will, otherwise, she will say that she cannot.

Trusted Contributor

I love the ones I bought this time around.  They really are lovely and I'm so glad I bought a blue set for my SIL.  I bought the champagne for myself and white for my silver and white display I have in my bedroom.  I think I like them best without the lighting. 

Trusted Contributor

For those of you that purchased the finials last year as well as this year, I'm wondering if they two sets are exactly identical in size and look? Anyone?
Honored Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

I love the ones I bought this time around.  They really are lovely and I'm so glad I bought a blue set for my SIL.  I bought the champagne for myself and white for my silver and white display I have in my bedroom.  I think I like them best without the lighting. 

I love the finials but the lights, not so much.  I use mine mostly unlit in vignettes with some strings of micro mini lights.  I got champagne last year and just ordered the white.  The red was gorgeous but I don't use much red in my holiday decor so I didn't go for them.

Honored Contributor

Just a HU for folks...whatever is in stock for these frosted finials, that's all there is. VPH mentioned on her FB page that there will be no more this year...so it's official. I remember during one of her last presentations of these, she wasn't sure at the time...HTH for those who wanted to get more or were on the fence Smiley Happy