Trusted Contributor

Re: Back in stock VPH Illuminated Frosted Finials!

[ Edited ]

The acrylic is wonderful, because these are practically indestructable.  They don't look cheap at all, and the light pattern makes them very unique.  I submitted a question regarding the timer on the product page, so hopefully it will be answered or maybe addressed during the presentation.  I would love another set of these, possibly in silver to go with my white ones.  Meanwhile, I don't know why this wasn't attached to the previous response, as I hit "reply"...

Honored Contributor

Hi Peter, glad to see you.  You are correct, two hour timer and it didn't matter to me because I didn't light them, hated that blue light cast.  The beautiful champagne color was totally ruined by that color.  They are gorgeous if they will correct the two hour timer and go with white lights.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Buyer beware on these, folks.  I purchased them last year, and although the timer says they are 4 hour, they are actually 2 HOUR TIMERS.  Both the description on the website, and the video from Valerie's show stated that they were on four hour timers, yet when I received them, the slip of paper inside the box with the instructions state that they were 2 hour timers, and they acted as such.  I called to complain and they gave me my money back, and they let me keep the finials.  I think they felt bad about the false advertising.  The good news is, they're STUNNING, and when they do light up for that short period of time each night, they have this undulating, pulsing sort of movement to the way that the lights move.  I cannot really describe it as a flicker or phasing type movement.  It's unique.  Also, you should know that the lights inside are cool white, not warm white or clear.  If you purchase the Frosted White, Silver, or Blue, you're going to get a blue tone from the finials.  Here is the white in my kitchen from this past Christmas.  I hope this helps.

VPH Finials.jpg

You are so right about the timers, and it was a little disappointing. But I have to say, of all my holiday decor purchases last year from Q, these were the most stunning. 

Oftentimes when they bring an item back, they upgrade, and I'm wondering if they will have longer timers in them this year. If so, I may get another set in a different color. 

Also, some people reviewed them last year and were disappointed that they were acrylic. I loved that they were not glass, as they could be easily broken. I don't think you can tell that they aren't glass when they are among the decor, at all.

I am sort of testing the quote function, but always thought these finials were very pretty.  This looks like a nice price, but I too hope Valerie upgraded the timer issue!

Trusted Contributor

I posted a question on the product page regarding the timer function earlier in the day, and I received an email notification saying that the question had been answered from the Valerie Parr Hill team.  When I went to the product page, I couldn't find my question or answer anywhere.  I'm not sure what is going on...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

What is the item #? I tried to recall them from last year and my brain is blank. I also tried searching for finials and nothing came up for them...TIA Smiley Happy

Sorry!  The item number is H205277

TY! Smiley Happy 

Ah yes, I remember them now. I didn't think I'd like them due to the either pure white or bluish lighting on the inside of the finials.

I hope there will be much needed improvements on the timer and/or battery life. I found the item # from last year...lots of poor reviews...H203314

Honored Contributor

Hi Mominohio,

I have decided to give these a try in the 'champagne' and just ordered them. I noticed the timer has improved from 2 hrs to 4 hrs...

TY for the HU Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I was very intrigued by these when I saw them on yesterday's show; however, I ended up not getting any because the blue, the white, and the silver all looked different shades of blue to me.  I almost went for the silver.  I was very confused.  I do remember Valerie saying they had four hour timers.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

I was very intrigued by these when I saw them on yesterday's show; however, I ended up not getting any because the blue, the white, and the silver all looked different shades of blue to me.  I almost went for the silver.  I was very confused.  I do remember Valerie saying they had four hour timers.

Watch just the VERY end of the video HERE of H205277...and try and stop the video when it shows the image of the set of champagne ones lit. That image is what sold me on them. Although I prefer creamy white lights without a blue cast, these look like they will be ok with a pure white light and won't clash so much with our other decor...hth Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

The acrylic is wonderful, because these are practically indestructable.  They don't look cheap at all, and the light pattern makes them very unique.  I submitted a question regarding the timer on the product page, so hopefully it will be answered or maybe addressed during the presentation.  I would love another set of these, possibly in silver to go with my white ones.  Meanwhile, I don't know why this wasn't attached to the previous response, as I hit "reply"...

Hi Peter, Thanks for the info on how nice they are...can't wait to get ours! All 5 colors are now instock (probably only briefly since it's due to a few canceled orders).

As for being able to quote, after you hit reply to a post, then click on 'quote' before you type...HTH Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received ours...ordered more after posting earlier...lol

These finials are AWESOME...10 stars!!! SOOOO glad I ordered them!!! The champagne are my fave...both the white and the champagne have a white light, but the silver finials when lit have a distinct purple/blue light-cast to it...for those who would like to know.

Thanks again to mominohio and Peter, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ordered them Smiley Very Happy