Esteemed Contributor

They often have specials every 2 months or so with maybe 20%

off for everyone with coupons in their store or rewards card.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@ScrapHappy   I enjoy Big Lots also.  Remember it is a discount store and sometimes products are not up to par and you don't realize it until you get it home.  Always keep your receipt as they have always been good about returns, usually no questions asked.

@grandma2pkmh.  I, too, question the quality of much of what they sell, especially furniture and mattresses.  I couldn't afford to drop several hundred dollars, then have to replace something in a couple of years.   There's such a thing as being too cheap.

I don't think I'd buy furniture or a mattress either.  Though my sister (In another state) said she saw the exact same mattress she got several months ago significantly cheaper at Big Lots.  I like the bedding, bath, decor, etc.  Even though I just got my comforter, I really like it.  It looks perfect in my bedroom and looks like I spent a lot more.

Valued Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@ScrapHappy   I enjoy Big Lots also.  Remember it is a discount store and sometimes products are not up to par and you don't realize it until you get it home.  Always keep your receipt as they have always been good about returns, usually no questions asked.

@grandma2pkmh.  I, too, question the quality of much of what they sell, especially furniture and mattresses.  I couldn't afford to drop several hundred dollars, then have to replace something in a couple of years.   There's such a thing as being too cheap.

I don't think I'd buy furniture or a mattress either.  Though my sister (In another state) said she saw the exact same mattress she got several months ago significantly cheaper at Big Lots.  I like the bedding, bath, decor, etc.  Even though I just got my comforter, I really like it.  It looks perfect in my bedroom and looks like I spent a lot more.

Their sectionals and couches are amazing! Both my daughters have purchased them and they have truly stood the test of time. A friend of mine bought an entire bedroom suite from Big Lots, including a gorgeous sleigh bed. I believe it was Bassett. That set still going strong.