Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEST SPOT REMOVER FOR CARPETS?

I have two that are my "go to" stain removers.

Campenellis spray foam in the yellow can w/blue lid---works great on "mystery stains" and just about anything that comes in on the bottom of a shoe. You just spray and let it be. It will vacumm up the next time. 

Foley's carpet cleaner. (White bottle w/ purple lettering....sold at BBB) This works great on blood or stains on uphostery. Just spray it on and rub in a circulat motion with a white cloth. I swear by microfiber but that's my preference.

Hope this helps you.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using FOLEX Instant Carpet Spot Remover for many years - clear bottle with purple lettering. $6.99. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I have two that are my "go to" stain removers.

Campenellis spray foam in the yellow can w/blue lid---works great on "mystery stains" and just about anything that comes in on the bottom of a shoe. You just spray and let it be. It will vacumm up the next time. 

Foley's carpet cleaner. (White bottle w/ purple lettering....sold at BBB) This works great on blood or stains on uphostery. Just spray it on and rub in a circulat motion with a white cloth. I swear by microfiber but that's my preference.

Hope this helps you.

I think u mean FOLEX (not Foleys).

Trusted Contributor

We have found Folex works best and it's so quick and easy.

Trusted Contributor

Plain shaving cream.

Honored Contributor

When you use Spot Shot the spot dissolves before you are done spraying. Used it yesterday for some coffee spots on my area rug....POOF Gone!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Just another hint. Before I tackle any stain on clothes or carpets with product, I wet a microfiber cloth with cold water, squeeze it out and wrap it around my pointer finger to blot up first and then use a clean portion of the cloth to vigorously push into the stain to draw out what is left there. I am amazed that often this is all I need. I doubt it would work on old stains but I am amazed at stains like spaghetti sauce that come up completely from clothing and carpeting. I think part of the trick is using just one finger so as not to rub and spread the mess and the little fibers on the cloth grab onto the stain better.